ぼくの日記

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Extra Time.takes a Toll on my Sleep Time

5th July 2006, Wednesday

Think I got to work the earliest this morning as the semi-finals tie between Euro giants, Italy & Germany ended half an hour off 6, which means I don't have a lot of time left to take a wink, so might as well start the day off and hopefully have enough concentration to get me through the day....

So the match in Dortmund ended as heartbreak for the host nation with Grosso then Del Piero scoring at the brink of yet another penalty shootout which should favour the Germans since we see how they dispose the Argentines in that fashion...

But the Italians who played with such sublime passing in the first half held tight especially the defence marshalled by Cannavaro and Materazzi prevented the free-scoring Germans from getting that crucial goal and at times look like they were taking a foot off the pedal and hope for extra time and then penalty shootout...

Nevertheless it is what the Azzuri deserves for playing as such a unit so far despite not looking like a true champion pedigree early on in the tournament...
Many stars in the squad such as Cannavaro, Buffon, Del Piero, Cameronesi, Gilardino, Pirlo and Gattuso could find their respective clubs been relegated due to the match-fixing scandals which is under probed at this juncture, so it could be the best way to signal their coming of age and get all big clubs noticing their abilities so as to sign them in the coming season if giants Juve and AC Milan are to be found guilty...

As for the crestfallen Germans, they would have to the latent potential to excel in the future though their next world title might not come that soon I guessed...

I wonder would I have the energy to wake up to catch the 2nd semi final between Portugal and France...
But as the colleagues of my wife are making a big joke of their company which is a French-Italian based one feeling a World Cup Final between the 2 countries might tear the parent company apart and since now that the Azzuri is in, perhaps Le Bleus might stand a chance as well to re-enact the 2000 Euro championship final...
And of course, any team that can beat Brazil cleanly ought to be featured in the finals.. However I am still rooting for the Portuguese as I would fancy a brand new WC holder...

These couple of days at work had been preoccupied with the taxing pre-PCR steps of my bread and butter platform as Beauty and the NTU attachment lad, Phillis guided me through and there had been plenty of intricate and stoic pipetting to be done which can cause a strain to my neck...making me feel like going for a massage session (preferably Thai and of non-sleazy content)
1 and a half week on I started to realize that there is a dominant clique within our department which of course I am not part of...not that I really care of course...
Inevitably, my closest comrades at work have to be my mentor, the attachment student and of course BY with whom we form the "North-bound gang" since we live at around the northern towns and tend to travel back together especially we all report for work and knock off earlier than anyone else...


Back at domestic front, Dad had been troubled by his bastard ex-boss who burdened him with the claim of a traffic accident he was involved in months back when their company truck collided with a taxi which led to a further collision with another vehicle.
Now the insurance company of the 2 vehicles are seeking payments from Dad which obviously should be paid by his bastard assfreak SOB boss (which should really be rotting in hell with maggots each his decomposing flesh now) in the first place.
However being as unmagnanimous as he could be, he was still bitter about Dad quitting out of the blue...


Then you know my old man who is fervently paranoid over every matters and when he got the letter, he was bemoaning that he might be imprisoned now...I am left dumbfounded once more


It's quite unbelieveable that despite only limited to barely 4 hours of sleep, I am still alive and awake for now...just don't think I would be able to hold on for yet another 4 hours sleep this evening...

Japanese word of the day:擬似 (Bastard) It's too kind a word to describe my Dad's ex boss even...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home