ぼくの日記

Sunday, July 02, 2006

She's BACK....

2nd July 2006, Sunday

So I got all the quarterfinals score totally wrong...
I predicted Argentina to beat the hosts, Germany and they would if they could hold on for another 10 minutes or so...it resulted in extra time and then penalty shoot-outs and German first choice Lehmann surely would be a better bet than Argentine reserve GK, Leo Franco as his team went out 2:4

Ukraine played to their best but were not destined to score when Italy soundly beating them 3:0 despite with a 2nd choice defensive line-up

I thought England would be too strong for a weakened Portuguese side but with Rooney rather absurdly sent off, Scolari continued his winning way in the competition via penalty shootout after a stalemate...

France shook the footballing world when a Henry's goal sent the reigining champions out of the competition but largely due to their failure to convert chances to score...

So the final four would featured all European powers with Germany meeting Italy and Portugal crossing swords with France...I would be rooting for the underdogs here that is the Portuguese but then with my waning luck, they would be out in no time as well...

Friday evening was the time I had been anticipating for a long while as my beloved spouse finally touched down after a close 3 months stint in Italy...
The entire day at work I had been hoping time would go past fast and it did except our result analysis took a wrong turn late in the afternoon and with seconds ticking we needed to redo the report...fortunately Beauty was up to the task to complete it and I owed him a lot for doing so as I left at the time intended with a long journey to Changi Airport via the MRT in the prospect...

I finally reached there around half an hour after the original touch down time but with the plane actually landing later than scheduled and she did some shopping in the duty-free store, she did not waited too long...
The first sight of reunion was how I had slimmed down and she had gained some pounds on the face..she was flushing as well much due to the heat and humidity our country had been basking in for days now...

A cab ride home when she loaded that huge load of stuff s=he had lugged back from Europe...she said it was over the weight limit by 7 kgs and cost her 250 Euros ($500!!)...
After some minute packing up, she came over my (and future our) place and was razzle-dazzled by the renovation which before was seen on via the photographs I had sent her...
A home-cooked meal which she had yearned for and more tales of her foreign expedition, she was definitely be glad to be home...

She had intended not to stay over on Friday but the cozy bed and the nice airconditioning she had been so grown accustomed to over in her lodge in Italy, she abandoned plan A and stayed to watch the 2 WC matches which after been so up front and live living in one of the participating country and a football-feverish one, she had got a taste for some World Cup actions...

Saturday is a day which I am half expecting to be recalled to my NS unit since it is the beginning of July...it never came and I left my wife at home as she rejected the idea to accompany me to La Tendo where the whole gang was getting psyched up for the new Superman film...

Sunday was spent with more lazing around and enjoying each others' company as well as she commanding me to clean up the room while setting up a Studio Ghibli corner in the book shelf and she did a much better job than what I am capable of...
After not patronizing the nearby Northpoint for weeks, I made a trip there for a 2nd day in a row as she wanted to make a new pair of spectacles which she could claim up to 80% of the cost from her company... an interesting note would be that the optometrician serving us seems to be a "Project Superstar" contestant, believed to be a girl known as Silver...

Selina called to drop some queries about hotel recommendations in Tokyo which my knowledge very limited to Daichi Inn in Ikebukuro...

Before making the way home, she dropped by Cold Storage to get some instant diapers for her cousin who just had a new-born, her 2nd after the adorable Ashley...
She had intended to visit her with her parents in the evening... and yes her Dad is back and on request from her mom, she was to show a bit more compassion and empathy despite his blatant betrayal to the entire family...
Her youngest brother, Gibson looked all perk up now in the midst of his BMT since enlistment... and even joked around with us in the presence of his girlfriend....

Our weekend of reunion ended as her Dad sent me back while making their way to Bukit Batok to visit her recuperating cousin and the newborn...

I was really glad with her return though her constant nosebleeding (3 times for today) sure got me worried...hopefully it was due to the change of weather and environment and too much heat from her indulgence with chocolates...
Japanese word of the day: 帰国~ki-ko-ku~(Return) Now I am waiting for the return of my buddy from Japan which would come in less than a fornight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home