ぼくの日記

Monday, July 10, 2006

Chilly Monday Morning with World Cup

10th July 2006. Monday

It's 3 am in the Monday twilight and with a long work week staring in front of me, I had the audacity to stay up to catch of course the World Cup final between European neighbours Italy and France...

A chilly morning it sure is as rain was pouring outside my window as Joey Lawrence might had sung it years back and hot chocolate (aka Milo) keeping me warm and awake...
The score is levelled at one goal apiece with once more France up with a Zidane penalty after yet another foul on Henry early on in the game before a sweet Pirlo delivery from the corner found the towering Materazzi... The Italians had the lion's share in possession and I do hope they would go on to win the cup that they had won twice before and eluded them in U.S.A in 94...

Germany had clinched the 3rd place after beating Portugal soundly 3:1 despite fielding a 2nd string squad but including a tough wall in goalkeeping in Oliver Kahn...a little consolation for the host nation but it's a game not many bother with over the years and I was dozing off for the bulk of the game...

The weekend began early on Friday when Beauty drove me down to town after a rather lax day at work when we did some clean-up of the PCR plates we had done the days preceded and with a half-fit Phillis back, we had an extra pair of hands for help...
I had been rather daunted by the schedule of workload to come when our French supervisor issued it to us during the weekly meeting... but we can start to find a little camaraderie going when we teased each other with the workload...surely finding some leisure amidst all the serious stuff...

After a brief stop-over at La Tendo, I met up with my family at Suntec's Crystal Jade Kitchen branch when my sister treated everyone after her graduation commencement at the convention hall there which my parents both applied leave to attend...
We were joined by her best friends since young and her beau as we savor on some delicacies which had ravings but to me aside of the seafood hor fun, the rest is slightly above average...
I rendenzvous with my lass at AMK MRT station after yet another late knock off from work...
It was quite visible that she had been well-burdened with her job with the installation of her new technology which she was sent to Italy to pick up the knowledge...
I was hoping to let her chill out with the time she is with me over the weekend to vent some fustration from work but I think she tried to refrain talking about work to me...which might have been the best option...

Got a call from my buddy on Thursday when I was close to slumber as he made a surprise early return but for all the wrong reason when his maternal grandma had passed on and he dutifully returned to attend her wake which was perhaps not the best way for his triumphant homecoming after a fruitful 1 and half year with Capcom...
It seems like our government office barred him to extend his stay with the gaming company and he was sensible to take it within his stride and just hope to fulfill his bond...
I will be looking forward to meet him when he is officially back especially when he has something for me...

Saturday was jittery once more as I had thought of the recall manning from my reservist unit so I was homebound for the bulk of the afternoon before tamely left for town to meet up with my lass when both os us wanted to get new handphones...
For me, a notion alarming for my current one I felt I had been overpaying for the past year or so, and I had been contemplating for a change of service provider especially one with a corporate plan tied with my company meaning a well-discounted rate
As for her, another line with free incoming call well-catered for clients and vendors who she would not want to hog her own personal line, from her own company plan as well...
The meeting started with a sour note when I wasn't too happy about she had been taking way too long to wash up after a gym session while I was not too comfortable as claustrophobia might had kicked in within the overcrowded shopping mall...
In the end she did get a Motorola V3 which I had been eyeing on myself while I stopped short of getting mine as I was not really certaiin about my actual decision on handphone choice...
The sun had set when we left for La Tendo as with no haul intended, it was just a friendly stopover once again before we were homebound...
She picked up her newly-made specs while I tried renting a DVD from the dispensing machine, the first attempt to do so since sunscribing to it 2 years ago...
The movie of our choice was a strong drama, "North Country" starring the stunning Charlie Theronz about sexual harrassment at work in heartland America...
We both fell asleep before the WOrld Cup game began...

Sunday was always supposed for us to wake up late and just lazed around...
I allowed her to watch her favorite Taiwanese idol dorama which is cheesy all over but I just had to endured and put up with those shallow storyline and insipid acting abilities...

Well the soggy weather was not about to subside at this juncture while the final just went into extra time after the score remained 1:1 after 90 minutes with the French coming on top in the 2nd period... let's hope it won't go into penalty shootout...anyway I'm signing off for now..
Japanese word of the day: 薄ら寒い (chilly) Wouldn't mind a nice cool weather after all the humidity and heat we had suffered for weeks now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home