ぼくの日記

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not the Most Fantastic Day

20th July 2006, Thursday

It's taboo when you stated that you are in a clean slate of health and not falling sick easily, it comes back to haunt you...
I mentioned to Mom that I haven't fell ill since embarking on my work-out regime after been ladened with sickness for many times in 2005.
Then just as I knew it I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, thinking that it might be my over-indulgence with the Godiva chocolate my lass had bought back from Belgium...
It aggravated into a fever in the afternoon and I was burning by the time I got home on the very evening my lass came to stay over and she claimed that she had never seen my lips so luschiously red before...
After popping a couple of Panadol, I thought I had the fever under control when I woke up revitalised though still feeling my head been slightly heavy....
For the morning I was still feverish and I thought sweating out in the gym would be advantageous to void all the toxin within my body only to be shivering when my wet work-out attire was been fanned by the air conditioning...
But this junture, I feeling ok after more paracatamol and hopefully need not pay a visit to the GP especially now that I have yet to be issued my corporate medical insurance card to entitle me with a $5 payment...

But one thing I did received was a letter to get me to take some Hepatitis B jabs...
I did took the full course 4 years back when I first joined my previous company and it is apparent that my body has excreted all the antibody within me over the years...
Not that I fear injections or something but thinking of going to Yusof Ishak House in NUS can be really put especially when my projects are kicking off with full momentum soon..

Speaking of completing projects, the very first one I had be handed to participate wholeheartedly has got some contamnination issues which we brought up to our French supervisor...
I was bewildered that some plates I had done in the latter stages worked while the ones before did not reciprocate...
My supervisor has always stressed in perfection and would like to get to the bottom of this issue...
She even doubted my competence in my laboratory skills which led to the contanmination which of course I showed notion of rebuttal...
If there is a probability of my poor lab skills, I would have admitted with grace...
This might not goes down well to my appraisal for my probation period as she had mentioned that in their history of the platform which includes 120 set, none had shown such phenomenon....
And guess what, the experiment is on Hepatitis B..argh...can't get away from that viral infection!!

At least in the afternoon, Beauty went on one of his shopping escapade and took half day to bask in that while I did some final report as my supervisor has requested...
It's apparent people are ostracizing Beauty for his non-working persona and I am beginning to feel so as we had work to be done, he would still had the audacity to take leave for his "happening life"...
Japanese word of the day: 熱 (Fever) Not an old friend I will want to reconcile with...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home