ぼくの日記

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Post-WC Life

12th July 2006, Wednesday

2 days after Italy won the World Cup and that famous Zidane headbutt which got the entire World buzzing for the most absurd way for a swansong...
For me it's a period to recover from all the late nights of football watching and working conscientiously with bleary-eyes every morning....
The past two nights had been headlined by fatugue which got me to fall into slumber which I was reluctant to wake up from..

At the work front, I am picking up momentum as I am more independant with almost all the stuff I am to be in charged of though can still be shaky with procedures I am still not well-versed of..

Just yesterday our big boss, Mark came over while me and Beauty are in the midst of doing a report and sent query about upping the throughput by a fold by a single operator who would most probably be me in the near future...

Of course we replied that it would be achieveable but we all know how skeptical we were of our own capability to handle that increased intensity in workload...
Just this morning Phillis and myself engaged with the usual load meaning with 2 of us, the capacity increased by a fold...

It was still manageable butu don't forget we have 2 pair of hands at this juncture and Phillis would be returning to NTU for the new semester...
With Beauty leaving for a new platform, I would be on my own and quite daunted with the amount of work and a sentiment shared by the likes of BY and Beauty, we really do need a break as the 2nd half of the work year kicks off

Everyday has became a purpose to wait for gym/lunchtime and ultimately knocking off at 5.30pm, as we RV as the "Northbound gang" which have became a pretty shapely clique here which surely makes working here a pleasure which of course you have not hear short of nowadays...

Back on domestic front, my wife is too preoccupied with her work, spending long hours at work with the setting up of her new technology and been sapped dry and maximally by her slave-driving company, knocking off late from work; thus we can only look forward to weekends for time available to spend together...
As for time on the net, it's not the most I have hope but I must say I don't really miss it too much...the time I have at night and in the weekends should be suffice...
Of course across the horizon is the wedding preparation final stage which I blatantly is ignoring at the moment perhaps I am those that need to get my butt burnt before be motivated to work on it...

I also wonder is my buddy is back in Singapore but I doubt we will have time to meet up and catch up the old times and future visions for this month or so..

God everything is coming into my life fast and furious, I sure hope things will slow down to a more leisure pace but I really doubt it would be till the end of the year...god..I need a holiday!
Japanese word of the day: ペース~pe-su~(Pace) Looking for the ideal pace for my life after the World Cup which didn't go as I Had expected...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home