ぼくの日記

Friday, August 11, 2006

Satisfactory Shuttle Experience

11th August 2006, Friday

Quite unbelieveable that it is already Friday, showing that what 2 days break in the middle of the week can bring you...
A short day at work and back to "vacance" mode for me...

Not so for my missus who has been badly stressed by the pressure exerted by their imperious manager who seems picking the most minute details to lash upon her and she had been well preoccupied with work even on yesterday when she was supposed to rest after a lengthy bridal photoshoot...

On National Day, we embarked on a one day mission to take some graceful photos to commemorate our nuptials...
However being a pair of sleepyheads, we were late for the shoot despite the timing of 11 am which gives us ample time to get prepared especially we took cab down to Tanjong Pagar.
The designated make-up artist Angela who did such brilliant job for my lass during our ROM was already waiting patiently by the counter.
After a prompt apology for being late, we wasted no time to get ourselves ready for the shoot...

There was another pair scheduled for photoshoot that day and to spice things up, the gigantic pair from Russia brought we them the exotic Northern European pedigree especially the 20 years-old bride who is bestowed with that model-like looks and physique and managed to carry off those elegant bridal gown my wife mentioned that had been just off the rack...

Therefore it began the routine of us taking turns to change and using the studio which was in charge by the 2 designated photographer..in our case the condescending Soon..
He and his partner was bemused when we requested for that "Densha Otoko" look for our casual and even thought of an impromptu storyline to allow him to come out with subsequent poses...
I believe it would turn out well and looking forward to look at the final products...

It was followed by that musty orange tea dress which was made purposefully for her and with the talented Angela conjuring a complimenting hairdo, I had the thought of marrying a really gorgeous lady here...
Going through the rest of the shoot, I was really glad I had the shoulders broad enough to carry those nice suits on me as we follow that up with the evening gown, the main wedding gown and finally the Chinese-inspired series...

The experienced crew also made use of whatever limited accessories in the studio to create many different feels which inculde a trio of Mandarin lamps with a kaleidescope of colors to create that "East meets West" aura as well as another corner with red velvet cushioned wall to give a more retro feel..
Soon also opened the rustic window grillings to have some sunlight to beam into the supposedly dimly-litted studio...to create a rather romantic atmosphere...

It was around 4 when both groups were done with the studio shoot and we prepared for the external shoot...
Angela was the 180675656th person to wimper about how hard it was to style my hair due to that stubborn nature but I was quite satisfied with the look she gave me nonetheless, at least I don't look like an aged groom without a slight sense of styling or take notice of personal appearance...

Our outdoor shoot routine consisted of a shoot of some authentic pre-War conserved shophouses where Soon drove us to the nearby Spottiwood Road where another pair of newly-weds preceded us for the shoot...
It was followed by my workplace which I thought had a decent scenery or at least something different or unearthed by anyone before as a spot for wedding shoot...
Of course the security personnel was prompt to request for a any sign of permission to use the premises but since it was a public holiday and it was for a good cause and ultimately I am a staff I think he left us alone fast enough...

Ah Soon felt there was lacking some greenery in our collection and drove us up somewhere in Alexander Road which has a large grass patch which slightly resembles the grassy highlands of the Alps...
Then again it wasn't 34 degrees up the Alps even in the warmest of summer...
But a nice place with a great view thus we had to endure with some roughing up with climbing up and down the slope, the tedency to be bitten by red ants and even sprawling over each other with some difficult poses on the steep, uneven terrain...

Finally Soon sent us to Labrador Beach, barely 10 minutes ride away for a sunset shot across the horizon of the seas but at 6pm the sun was hanging smartly in the sky and showing no sign of setting...
By then we got cramps for smiling the entire day and fatigue was beginning to eat into us and Soon felt it was time to call it a day...

Back at the bridal shop, we changed back to our casual wear and made yet another payment which was confusing to an extent I had forgotten how many times I had actually paid for our package...
We were scheduled to choose our photos next Friday as I braced myself for an escalating fee if there were too many delectable photographs to choose from...

I finally got my new mobile phone and line on Thursday as we took a long overdued leisure shopping trip to Woodlands but it would be even better if it was not a school holiday (which made me ponder on in my schooling days, was the day after the NDP a day off for all school children, I really doubt so)
After some clarification with regards to the corporate mobile plan which I decided to take my lass' company one due to a better rate than my own company's one and with portability of my old number,I left pretty satisfied with a new phone and more importantly a new line which will not force me to pay exorbitant charges when I really didn't call that much....

I do hope I can do something to cheer my lass up from her woes from work over the weekends..of course her undying desire to grace the fireworks festival by the Esplanade would be a great opportunity....urgh..the crowd...
Japanese word of the day: 豪華(Gorgeous) Sad but true...It takes some intricate make-up, a beautiful gown and wonderful hairdo for me to realize how gorgeous my wife really is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home