ぼくの日記

Monday, August 07, 2006

Mind Wandering Elsewhere

7th August 2005, Monday

A start to a rather truncated week for as National Day would be on Wednesday and we had to be contended to it been expended on the photo-shooting session for our wedding album and naturally both of us have successfully applied for a day of leave for resting purposes on the following day...

The hiatus trend certainly is evident within the department with my French supervisor already back to her hometown in Lyon for a last visit to her family before preparing for her birth-giving dued somewhere in November.
A colleague, Jason would also be basking in some early autumn festivities as he tours certain parts of Europe immediatelt after National Day
BY, too after been influenced by the dire need of rest after an intense period of work piling in her schedule had taking a last minute leave for today, supposedly to rest after watching a play regarding culling of cats...
Despite my supervisor had departed on Friday evening, I had been handed with some tasks to complete which will reflect nicely on my appraisal if I can do it as soon as I can find time for it...

The weekend has been shrouded by mix feelings with some good rest (since my lass need not go back to work on Saturday for the first time in ages) but yet with the constant travelling around over the course of the 2 days, it seem like we haven't been able to really indulge in the free time on ourt hand...

Not that we have any either especially with the wedding breathing down our neck and both of continue to procrastinate over the confirmation of the list of guests for the banquet...
Latest news from Mom would be after been shamed by her sisters on Saturday when she attended the banquet of my cousin Brenda when she was enraged over the fact that my aunt who is also my godmother failed to find the relevance to invite me for the banquet (for face saving reason and nothing else) while other cousins were invited...
She decided to burn all bridges from her side of the family and pondering on the possibility of not inviting any of them for my banquet...
I have no qualms over that as I always leave my Mom to make the decision with regards to my relatives whether she might be making the right choice or not...

We had a meeting with some of the "sister band" for my wife and it turned out that we are so disorganized with regards to properly planning the schedule for the actual day and coming out with details and factors which my be crucial to the smooth running of the whole event especially we had so tight a schedule since our banquet is a lunch rather than a dinner...
My nature would be not be so elaborative with details as it might bite back on you but obviously it had been frowned upon... and my wife hasn't had a charmed life of having a hubby with 2 cents worth of actually care about the whole novelty of the actual day event...
After some useful notes to jot down and some internal agreements on their attire and accessories, I then realized I might actually beckon a meeting with my "brother band" which can be a chore...

Our final fitting session at the bridal shop before Wednesday was badly hindered by the amount of time wasted for me to get a new mobile line at Bugis Junction which turned out that they could not find my company's name in their list of companies entitled to enjoy the corporate savings for mobile plans..BUMMER....

Fanhan, one of my lass' "sister band" and had been her soulmate ever since they found a common trait of being over-enthusiatic about the Taiwanese boyband I loathe, followed us to the bridal shop which was in a rare state of non-activity as the seamstress in the house, Helena helped us go through the clothing we had chosen for the shoot which didn't took too long...
However my lass was disheartened to find out that we couldn't include the fireworks display by the National Stadium that day after the parade as we had hoped...
And spent the rest of the Sunday evening lamenting about me not bringing her to the Esplanade for the Fireworks Festival which Vincent enlisted the help of the likes of Ferris and Chan to marshal the place...
Seriously I enjoy fireworks more if I can set it off myself...

Anyway my weight loss seemed to recieve ravings even from the most cynical crowd such as HZ when they first saw me during the discussion in the cafe after not seeing me for months...

Finally my mind had sprung a rather frothy idea in a time when I should concentrate fully towards my wedding....
From Miyano on Saturday, got to know that the pair of Vincent and Tay-chan would hit the Wonder Festival in Tokyo over a mere weekend from a Friday (morning flight by NorthWest as heard from Tay) and returning on the Monday afternoon...
They had been in such dire need of manpower for the acquisition of those exclusive items for the event and with the short span I began to spawn an idea of whether I could lend a hand for the event especially I have like 2-3 items I am quite interested in from the list...
Of course with less than 2 weeks to go, the air ticket is a major issue and of course I will only go if I have a helper pass for their booth...
They had been a heated debate in my brain on how badly I want to go yet refraining of spending unnexessary money and taking unnecessary annual leave...
Well as I had engraved in my mind since the morning I will let fate decides on whether the trip is feasible...
Japanese word of the day: 組織を破壊しなさい(Disorganized) My wedding schedule is still in a mess and I still have the cheek to think about an escapade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home