ぼくの日記

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Final Hurdle

9th October 2006, Tuesday

We are talking about hours to the big day or what we postulated it to be....
I still hope to keep minimal fuss and excitement for that day's run of event which is supposed to be a casual session for our closest friends, relatives and colleagues to come together in one spot to celebrate our matrimony as husband and wife...
I believe my missus share my same ideology though her paranoia tends to get the better of her as she kept altering the sequence of event for that day...

Went to get our photo album, potrait and the other items which cost (more like ripped) us a bomb, but despite ultimately I still find the price relatively steep and way beyond the budget, the final quality is on par from what we have expected... as harped by my family as well...

Friday was a well-rested day when I virtually spent a good 12 hours or so indulging in what I love to do which I do not have the luxury of time for these past months such as going on anime marathorn, taking photographs of my collections and of course get my heartstrings tagged by the Deluxe special of "Densha Otoko" which spans a good 2 hours plus...

Saturday morning was when I obliged to persistent invitations from my La Tendo clique for a game of badminton at the HDB club in Toa Payoh and for the first tiime, we are involved in a group activity which has benefits to our health...
The entire clique met up back at the shop which was marred by customers due to a big shipment as well as the lanuch of a new webshop...
I couldn't stay long as we went back to Z Wedding to do a final fitting of her gown as well as having her younger brother and father trying out the jacket that they intend to rent...
The likes of Geneth, Jing & Ed came to grace the occasion but most importantly for the girls to pick up the knowledge of helping her with her tea dress for the actual day...
After accompanying my in-laws to Chinatown where her mom got us a customary kilt blanket and dinner back in Yishun, we were welcomed home with the Sealy mattress which we had long to see since our purchase back in Feburary...
However we had to wait much longer to enjoy the comforting bedding as customary bar us from even touching the bed till the ceremony is over...

On Sunday, some of my paternal relatives come over for a gathering while we went downtown as initiated from her bridal helper, Fan Han who is one of the emcee for the banquet to meet with TW to discuss about the final details of the script which I had composed last week.
In the end, my buddy obliged our request to meet up but Fan Han pulled the plug with her absence due to a last-minute need to go back home...
I wasn't too please with that especially with the fact that it was her who want the meeting and my misery was compounded that with the fact that I was required to dropby Toa Payoh for the 2nd straight days to return a couple of DVD rented from the Play Kiosk which I had assumed I could return in Yishun which was not meant to be...
We got to La Tendo where I picked up my haul for this week while the likes of Chan and Ferris were around to rid their Monday blues by lingering around this haven of ours...
TW appeared and had great fun chatting with the LT guys about the storyline of the current Kamen Rider series, Kabuto before we went to the cafe deli opposite, Mr Bean for dinner as we gave my best man, some briefing on how that day is scheduled to be...

It was really fortunate to have my buddy getting quite into the wedding preparations as I thought he might be adopting that "go with the flow" attitude...
He even went shopping for clothing after the dinner with us for that actual day's purpose...
This is when we unanimously agreed that he has got a great model-like body frame which allows any clothing to fit him like a T...
After getting a striped business shirt each at G2000 which becomes the dress code for the brothers (though Foo once more pull the fast one on me rejecting the theme saying it is not well-aligned with his personal style...whatever...)
He went on to get a set of casual jacket and pants set from U2 which should ooze enough charm to make some of our single female guests ga-ga, which I guess would be last thing on his mind...

We did some more shopping at Spotlight and Daiso before calling it a night as he proclaimed later that he had a great time simply shopping with us, thus Sunday's meet-up wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

Back to work, everyone thought I would taking the entire week off to do last minute preparations...I am surely taking Friday afternoon off to go draw a cheque for the banquet payment (which also sees the much-reluctant and heart sore event of my bank account significantly been depleted)...

I am not too please about the need to go back to Z wedding twice this week for all the clothing and then the bridal bouquet on Saturday which I had enlisted the help from HC to drive me for it as well as delivering the wedding gifts to the restaurant...
2 pieces of news that cheer me up a little would be the car-rental compant calls and we agreed on an undertable transaction which sees our bridal car upgraded from the originally-planned Mercedes to the more lavish Jaguar for a deal much cheaper than what the bridal shop try to milk us with...
I had thought due to the month of Ramandan, it wouldn't be nice to invite my Muslim friends for the lunch but that didn't deter one of my oldest pal, Rizan to agree to dropby to send his greetings on that day...

After the wedding photo video montage, I think I should be getting psyched up for the actual day on Sunday...let's hope it runs smoothly like a well-oiled engine..

Japanese word of the day: 準備~Jyun-bi~(Preparations) There's a lot of mental preparations to take care of as well, one would be the prospect of Jerry not turning up as a helper as I still can't find him even now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home