ぼくの日記

Monday, February 12, 2007

2 days left in the office...

12th February 2007, Monday

The favorite question I am posted the whole day thus far would be ..."what happened to your hand?"
As you can see, I had been putting off a visit to the traditional Chinese physiotherapist to get my left wrist treated as it seems like the synovial fluid along the joint of the bones got squeezed out much due to some high risk maneuver I had perform during a badminton session (yeah right) not too long back...
I knew of the cosmetically unnatural structural protrusion since and the acute pain when I try to lay my body mass on the right wrist, which is a common way to enable to sit on the ground which is precisely what happen last Friday during gym as I was warming down after my run, aggravating the injury...
The thought of visiting the sensei was much put off by the fact that he is based in West Coast Road where the birds don't even bother to shit at...
My wife brought the over-aged baby in me to the "tie-ta" which moonlight within a provision shop and the friendly sensei recognized my problem and try his best to correct it...
He did mentioned that it might take a while for the fluid to flow back into the joint and at the meantime when possible, I should bind the bandage over the wrist to keep the fluid in check..looks kind of rugged but not when the stinky medicine begins to ooze out of the bandage...

On Saturday evening, we met up for the first and final time with regards to the itinerary of the Japan trip...
As usual, it can only be proceeded once the hobby shop had stopped its operation and we began our operus modus at a nearby vegetarian eatery which EK knows quite well...
Vincent, our man in charge, was prompt to begin giving a brief outline of the events to be happening starting from departure at Changi Airport on Monday evening till the return on wee hours of the following Tuesday...However his other half would be equally and adequately prompt to disrupt his rumblings, me myself was guilty of interrupting him as well...
But you have to pardon us for the anxiety built up with the trip barely 10 days to come....
The whole discussion ended by around 9 plus when the eatery was closing for the day... my missus made known to me she wouldn't be too pleased and very willing to let her sentiments made known as it seems to be an excessive of checking in and out of hotels or places of lodging at both Iwate & Tokyo..Nevertheless I am looking forward to the Wonder Festival, the interactions with the local Iwatian and most importantly SHOPPING!! I am beginning whether Ferris could really survive on that measly S$500 expenditure budget...

Speaking of the Chong brothers, the younger sibling brought his kanojo to the badminton session on Saturday morning, and she was really jyouzu in the shuttle game as well, relentlessly giving me and Chan a taste of defeat..(not that I have not grown accustomed to that)

Sunday afternoon, the sun was as glaring as the day before, yet I brought my missus up to the summit (a bit exaggeration there) of Fort Canning for Sunday high tea at the Legends cafe...
With nice live music performed by the resident pianist, we indulged ourselves with the sandwiches, pastries, bee hoon which we hope to fill us up till dinner..
Though the price of high tea was pretty reasonable at $15.80 per pax, the offering was pretty limited and I wasn't really too much into chocolate fondue...
But I guessed a huge portion of the cost was appeased by the tasty pizza, samosa and of course that double shot of expresso....

This start of this new work (& much truncated) week, my French supervisor has finally returned from her 3 months of maternity sabbatical...
His Beautiness was rapid to draw ire from the rest with his Oscar-worthy theatrics again...I am just glad I am not available first hand to witness his performance that could put Denzel Washington to shame for the department meeting again...

Our executive director held his annual briefing session to illustrate the direction the company is going and I must say he won his accolades from renowned scientists worldwide for really his zeal, enthusiasm and ability to deliver what he preaches...
The records were that to show, and he surely has the most unenviable job to maintain the morale of the company though it really boils down to each department managers and group leaders..
The company has a thorough plan all the way to 2010 and I sure hope my numeration would be appealing enough to last me till then...

Finally my American boss kinda reluctant to let me go for my ICT in April with his massive project starting by then...But little does he knew that the sentiments was shared as I wasn't too keen of going to Kao-Tsiung, Taiwan as well..I rather slog at work and have a great time bitching about the shady characters at work with the likes of BY...Let's hope he was prompt to get the HR to send in the deferment letter...


Japanese word of the day: 手首 (Wrist) It's hard to change the paradigm of people that a bandaged wrist doesn't always mean a fractured one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home