ぼくの日記

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Grumpy Old Man

8th February 2007, Thursday

The furore towards my highly-temperamental, unreasonable and ultra-whiny old man just reached a pinnacle last evening...
He was supposed to send my sister back from some exercise class somewhere in his recent pride, that lame piece of junk known as Geely...That notion itself was already a bad choice which I had experienced more often than none over the years...

Around 10 minutes after he left, the house phone were shrieking with anxiety as Mom, was at the end of his insensitive berating, blaming her for not giving the exact direction to the point of pick-up....I tell you, you install GPS in his useless vehicle, he would curse and swear that it got him nowhere...

Another 10 minutes gone, and my easily-volatile sibling came home, fuming and slamming the front gate, and started throwing the pique about the unreasonable attitude of our father before he also returned, slamming that very same gate as if our domestic entrance were the cause of their tussle, pulling another of his famous "I'm the king of the household, now cower in front of me" act...exclaiming that my sister has no sense of appreciation as well as he would ram his China-made car into smithereens the following day... talking about being childish...
At this point, much as an impulsive reaction, my blood starting to boil and storm to confront my poor mom over his petty behaviour...when i should at least be mediating or just simply ignorant of the on-goings of my household...

It seems like the weeks of his irrelevant tantrums over his work and hurling abuse towards mom just reached the pinnacle and I simply couldn't tolerate his nonsense no more...
Perhaps my sister might be in the wrong at some point, but I am no fan of my father and it was blatant that we were actually speaking to him to make Mom's role less stressful...

I dunno... I might not be the most filial son, and I do appreciate his love towards us but unless he curb that wretched temperaments of his and stop being that egoistic, I doubt he will be nominated for "the best father of the year" for years to come...

Like many traditional father & son relationship, we seldom talk and even we do I would get sick of how he kept repeating himself...
I am in fact guilty over the fact that when I actually take the initiative to talk to him, would be in sought of assistance in one way or another...
I am incapable to fix things which gone wayward at home and his presence surely help nullify alot of situations which we would actually need to pay for professional help...that I truly appreciate his pragmatic capability and his years of providing for the family including sending us to university, but our edgy relationship over the years surely didn't improve when he becoming worse off in terms of his attitude...
The cause is not help that I am really pro-maternity for years now... so he better pray that Mom will be omnipresent to sooth things out between us and him...
Fortunately another savior may come in the form of my missus, though she rather not meddle with our family affairs even though now she is part of it...but even so her patience was well tested by his persistent nagging when she was handling his precious cheap car which I advise to refrain from using from now onwards...

It's sad that I had inherited his genes with my tempers not that well in check for the records, but I am always seeking to improve myself as a good husband and ultimately a good father for my sons and daughters...
I must try not to be really long winded when I grew older and bring about a bit more patience towards my immediate family members...
Whatever happen in the future, I will look back on this post to keep me in check...

As for now...with the Lunar New Year beckoning, Mom just wishes the household to be peaceful and cheery again..I doubt sis will hand him the olive leaf, but perhaps less interaction in the coming weeks will be at best....


Japanese word of the day: 気性 (Tempers): His has no warnings come and goes so spontaneously that we really grow to totally ignore it if we can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home