ぼくの日記

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Endless Waiting...

8th March 2007, Thursday

Internation Woman's Day befalls on this very day or something...as years passed, the status of previously-deemed lesser gender has grown in status and truly the equality in gender has been attained with the ladies clinching better education, career and overall better social status....
Although the battle of sexes still persist in various regimes around the world, I felt there is no way we can look at our female counterparts as a lesser being any longer...

However it is at this juncture that I sure wish I was a female...at least there is no need to engulf in the wrath of the National Service crap...
The deferment letter has been sent a week ago yet everything remained status quo with the Mindef taking ages to send me the final answer...
Tomorrow there is medical check-up for the forthcoming ICT and it is written in the wind that I had to attend as the waiting game for the faithful SMS persist....
The dreadful thought of going to Changi and the even more dreadful thought of seeking a way out of that god-forsaken place....
I truly now not in the mood to head to Taiwan in April yet everything hangs on a tandem...

I am still in the midst of my RT program and as usual, it is not that bad...but my weekend has been restricted somehow, meaning no late nights on Saturday and the prospect of heading to Diamond Dust for some J-pop crooning makes me wanna change my RT to Saturday afternoon instead, bestowing me the luxury to creeping out of bed late on Sunday...
Then I realized I still owe them one session (when I was happily scouring around Wonder Festival in Tokyo Big Sight with a sprained neck)...urgh....

To complicate matters further, this month seems to be a recall manning month, meaning I had to keep my eyes, ears, and whatever conscientious part of me alert for any of such dreadful recall...

Coming Sunday would be a long anticipated with my buddy and his...I guess I could mention now...other half (hope he is not reading this)...
It's about time we meet up and let's hope that would not be meddled by the abovementioned incident...

So plenty of waiting with everything uncertain and drifting in the air, leaving me totally moody for this very day...

At work, I was also stranded with some job affairs and the bloody IT department just refuse to assist me with a trivial PC issue which had been dragged for a week now...
Well it sure will be good if the tremors from that great earthquake originating from Sumatra will shook things up alittle, literally...

Will be catching Zack Snyder's "300", based on that Frank Miller comic series about the 300 courageous Spartans putting their lives on the line against the millions of Persian army from invading Greece...
All the epic battle scenes (made famous by Peter Jackson and his LOTR franchise), with hot, sweaty warriors with body so well chiseled it put some professional bodybuilders to shame..and yes those bloody gore and soundtrack by Nine Inch Nail, surely is a man's testosterone-filled affair or a gay (i.e. His Beautiness)'s dream coomes ture...and surely beats that Korean movie with Rain which Karen was dying to watch...
Kudos to Bryan and Chan for diverting the group to watch something much worth the $9.50 we will be paying...

For the past week, whenever I am awake enough I will try to finish this Fuji TV's 2006 summer dorama, "結婚できない男" (translated as The Man who can't Get Married)...
Starring Hiroshi Abe, this movie about a 40 year old architect who is a man woman loves to loathe who is a classic MCP and doesn't believes in marriage... not even getting into a relationship...
At the beginning Abe-kun is this rigid, obstinate and very blunt bigot who gets on everyone's nerve, with his stoic yet proud manner (very much like his Professor Ueda character in the Trick series)...
As the series grew, and his solitudary hermit's life (which he restricts anyone from enter his apartment which he considers his domain) got intertwined with a lady doctor who is as luckless in love as well as his next-door neighbour and his adorable pug, Ken-chan...
He starts to be a bit considerative towards others though he always tried to hide his actual thoughts with those candid blunt words...
In the latter parts, he became like a Japanese incarnation of Mr Bean which I am not well impressed of..nonetheless it is a nice dorama to watch about a couple of people with youth sorely not on their side, finding love in a very comedic way...

Well let's hope their wait for love is not as endless as all the fustrating wait I am cast into at the current moment...
Japanese word of the day: 待ち時間 (Wait) Just keeps getting longer and more fustrating...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home