ぼくの日記

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Relapse of the Nihon Yearn

1st March 2007, Thursday

One word to describe the Japan trip with my lovely frenz from La Tendo...FANTASTIC!

Everyone had to unanimously agreed what we had experienced within that 7 days in Japan, transiting between Tokyo and Iwate has been nothing but enjoyable...I will do up a comprehensive report of the trip real soon....

Back to Singapore...where the endless rain at least reminiscenced the downpour at Akihabara..but no sight of the nice snow-capped fields we have seen in Iwate nor that spine-chilling breeze that swept us non stop during this late winter season...
Back to reality, despite gratified for not splurging too much, I guess we still very much spent all the money we had exchange for the trip (around 110,000 yen each) plus a bit more from what we had gathered from the previous trip in 2005....the coup wasn't as satisfying as the previous venture..
This time was more concentrated into the gastonomical aspect and we all agreed we might have put a few unwanted punds around the waste....
Back to work, I had to cook up a superb self-garnishing show for my Performance Appraisal with my bonus at stake in May...It seems that my French supervisor was overall pleased with the attitude I had shown over the past 9 months, the notion of a promotion was still a bit far-fetched despite my accumulated years of contribution to the parent company was inching towards the illustrous 5 years... Plenty of work had shaped for the rest of the year as BY has bemoaned...and it seems like my reservist in April should most probably put on hold for work...as ideal as I envisioned it...

These few days had really be adjusting back to full working life as well as catching rest with my tedency to fall in slumber before 10 the past 2 days and woke up no sooner than 6 in the morning...while still feeling drowsy during the day...the trip surely had been taking a toll on my ageing body...
I better clock more hours in the gym with some fat-burning cardio as well...

On the personal aspect of affairs, Loke's wedding dinner which falls on tomorrow caught me by surprise due to that blatant lack of an invitation card prior and I had not remember the date by heart...
This unexpected crimson bomb surely will dwindle my financial status further as I thirst for the next pay-cheque though a hefty credit card bill should be along the horizon...
Bernard's second child, Hayley will be celebrating her baby shower this weekend as well, and yes more money for gift...
I am in dire need to sell of some treasured items I had garnered from the trip to support my high expenditure requirements...

Time is also what I need to edit those nice pictures I had taken for the trip and post them all for all to view as of before...but with Yu-kun around for the next 3 weeks or so, the clique will surely be bringing him around and I felt with the hospitality his old man shown to us (a free Yakiniku dinner at Harumi), I felt I should reciprocate the kindness...

Therefore the next month or so will be hectic though deep inside we still had the insatiable yearn to return to that beautiful nation known as Japan....in 9 months time I supposed...

Japanese word of the day: 慕いなさい(Yearn) I will never be sick of going back to my 2nd homeland...

1 Comments:

  • hmm, why 9 months? Is there another event coming up?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home