ぼくの日記

Monday, April 30, 2007

My Kind of Labour Day

30th April 2007, Monday

Queer as it seems, April to me feels like a rather long month perhaps the ICT has a full responsbility of why is that so...May spells some additional dough for me to save (most probably for the autumn trip), a month long of setting at booth at CSC (actually only 4 dates to note down), as well as a few events to highlight my otherwise routine and mundane life...

Earlier the year, there was an interesting email circulating around to illustrate how one can fully utilize their annual leave to align with the limited number of public holidays we have to get as many days of rest consecutively as possible... Those holidays which fell upon a Tuesday or a Thursday woulc naturally signal the chance to take leave on the Monday before or Friday after to quantitate a good 4 days of rest including the weekends...
For the Labour Day tomorrow, I duly took today off as did BY as in my workflow a day disrupted would means I couldn't do much the day before..so might as well just rest one more day at the comfort of my home...

For the entire super duper long weekend, domestic-based was surely the theme...
I had a compelling urge to just rot at home on Saturday but somehow still made my way to my pilgrim at Bencoolen Street...
That evening me and my missus went to get the wedding gift for Selina's solemnization next Sunday which otherwise we might totally have forgotten about...

On Sunday, mirroring that the week before, we just went on a drama (note not dorama) marathon, and this time round the highly-raved "Heroes"...This NBC series which went in the style of a comic book relates how a few totally unrelated personnel bestowed (or some been unwillingly engineered) with super human powers like lavitation, spontaneous regeneration or even hearing people's thoughts come together with lives intertwined to resolve an global issue though a lot of question marks on our heads that require resolution...
Much in the style of "Lost", this series bang on gripping storyline and massive cliffhangers at the end of every episodes and it makes absurd seems realistic...and just wanna make people wanting to know about the truth as soon as possible...However if they follows the footpath of "Lost" which got everyone interested at first but drag to nowhere by season 3, it would surely leads to a mammoth anti-climax that can make people spit on the franchise...let's hope not...

Over the weekend, I have some contact with my otherwise seclusive bunch of Wreckers buddies...
TW is deemed to bring his other half to my place soon though now 12th May would be the faithful day, everything is still in the air...
We had a good half hour chit chat on the phone at work on Friday when he was as he claimed taking a sabbatical from work... Our conversation mainly concentrates on my renewed interest in console gaming as well as other aspect of our otaku lifestyles as well as catching up a bit on our lives at the moment...There was traces of corny jokes which we are so aligned to indulge in everytime we chat and it makes me all alive again as only my buddy could...
Yesterday caught a rare glimpse of CS online and immediately check things out with him...
Not surprisingly he jumped everyone's gun to get his own PS3 and other gaming guru has a lot to say about the new glistering Sony gadget and even coined a gaming session in the near future which got me all buzzing by the end of it...
I would be seeing the final member of the Wreckers, Foo at Sel's solemnization at the Singapore Art Museum next Sunday and hope it wll be a good get-together with Cheryl be attending as well...
Then perhaps in a month's time, we can have a long overdued wrecking good times again!

All in all, a nice break away from all the confusion at work (even though I have only clocked merely 4 days of work last week after 2 weeks absence) and gleefully immerse in my own style of Labour day recreation for the next 48 hours or so..

Japanese word of the day: 楽しみに~ta-no-shi-mi-ni~(Looking Forward) Life is always in a dire need to have something to look forward to...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home