ぼくの日記

Friday, April 06, 2007

Changing Mindset

6th April 2007, Friday

Supposed to be Good Friday, but ain't so pleasant for me at all..woke up with slight hangover from last evening beer-drinking session with my future nakama for the next week or so when the skeletal Warrant Officer, Burt who is the new WO in charge of the NS men from the HQ kept "blanjah" us cheap Tiger Beer in the WO mess near the base...
It had been a while since I doused so thorough with our local beer which I personally do not favour much, but it had been a great chit chat session and gear us for the 2 weeks long trip as a tight unit..afterall we have only like a miserable strength of 5...

After a prompt haircut at the neighbourhood saloon which was rather reluctant since I did had a hair cut barely a week back but seemingly still too long for their likings, I came home, in seek of my dog tag which was an item on the wanted list for safety reason...I haven't seen my metal tags for ages and thought I would never need to see them again, but after rummaging through the room, I was all fustrated and in pique for the search was in vain...
In the end, Beach Road Army Market seems to be the only viable choice to acquire a new pair... Thank goodness for the holiday, thus Dad could transport us in his off-peak plated car with total legitability...
However the weather was rather punishing even by local standards....and totally sap my energy for the rest of this holiday...

I left work on Thursday with a rather heavy heart as my grave mistake the day before surely didn't go down well with my supervisor who is stoically by the book...I left with the prospect of more work to be done when I return a fornight later, but more importantly my previous sparkling record had been blemished by this unavoidable mistake while His Beautiness' recent tweak into a hardworking nature and even staying late into the evening got Shitty green commending him in front of BY... The current mood both of us felt from work is that the bosses seem to be over critical over our performance and attempting to gnash the little bit of juice from our cores, perhaps is their way of recognising our capability though we are hoping for a significant pay increment...

I was quite ashamed to reveal my pay to anyone these days as they would be astonished that how I am underpaid...which is all so true...although the stress is proportional to my low pay, I surely do hope for more money to spend...perhaps have to change my mindset about my career...maybe not

Anyway has pretty much changed my mindset about the upcoming ICT, adopting the "just finish and scram" ideology and to minimise any problem that might jeopardise a issue-free trip to Kao-hsiung...The companionship should be ok with a renowned senior joker around, entertainment should be assured...
The living accomodation is arid at best but should be able to bear with it through...overall doubt it will be a torture as first postulated, and really a golden opportunity to get away from that hustle bustle in the workplace...

Physically I should be up to it but think my left ankle seems to be slightly sprained from the exertion in IPPT yesterday...bummer...
Seeya all in 2 weeks time!


Japanese word of the day: 発想 ~ha-ssou~(Mindset) Perhaps people should change the mindset that I am earning comfortably...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home