ぼくの日記

Friday, May 04, 2007

Jump Ultimate Stars Ain't an Easy Game...

4th May 2007, Friday

The greatest thing about starting a work week on a Wednesday would be the fact that it would be the weekend before you know it...
This weekend is buzzing with activity with the usual badminton sparring session, a La Tendo gang's "Spiderman 3" bonanza followed by the initiation of the May "ka-chhiiiinng" sale at CSC and Selina & Kevin s' solemnization ceremony and a pre-Mother's day dinner all on Sunday... I would be cursing on Monday again for not having enough rest over the weekend...

Over the past 3 days, I was having a mixed feeling of not doing what to be done in my personal aspect, work-wise it's okay as everything seems smooth sailing...

Wanted to spend sometime on my webpage for the past 3 evenings but either slack on bed and eventually dozed off while eyes fixated on the LCD TV on the wall or just having a ball on my NDS...
By the way, I was allured to the pearl white console for the purpose of Super Robot Taisen W but after 20 rounds I was pretty bored by the turn-base robots-galore strategy game... Instead I became well captivated by the Jump Ultimate Stars which feature 300 over characters from 41 well-known Jump manga series which I am well versed of for sure...
The whole idea of unlocking character after character while going through world by world was enthralling to me as I became a child unearthing treasures along an adventure...
My buddy mentioned about the concept of a 2D fighting style in a enclosed area wasn't that appealing but the idea of upgrading your characters and placed the respective manga captions or komas into the spreadsheet to come out with the best combination to go through each round without any hassle was really interesting...Of course the prospect of teaming up characters from beloved manga like One Piece, Naruto, Slam Dunk, Dr Slump, Hakuto no Ken, Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho etc surely has a nostalgic feeling in it as they pay homage to each characters ability and skills...
There are several round when your task ain't just about defeating your enemies but breaking walls within a limited time period or using a lame character to shy away from attacks from the likes of Goku and Vegeta from DBZ...which is almost impossible...
Last evening I was stuck at one round using a pre-made deck with only one battle character, the relatively weak Anna from Shaman King as she tried to defeat the likes of a tag team of Freiza from DBZ and Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure which got me too caught up into action and grew out of pique with the inability to clear the round with the pre-set requirements...
I dunno about seasoned gamers, but the egomaniac in me just need to clear every single round possible even the usage of cheat codes or faqs or guides I wouldn't mind...
But while I was on my throne in my umpteen attempts to use wits in order to gain victory over the deadly duo, I became a well-erupted volcano which my family including my missus wouldn't wanna be within close proximity of me...
It is the same scenario for Football Manager or something, I just couldn't control that inner rage in me when I simply can't clear a particular round...
I need to keep a tab on my temper but it's easier said than done...

I had wanted to crept out of my sweet slumber at wee hours Thursday morning to catch the 2nd leg of the UEFA Champions League semi-finals between my beloved Man Utd and AC Milan, hoping to witness a historical win for the Red Devils to enable them into the finals against arch nemesis Liverpool who splendidly dismiss the pompous Mourinho and his Chelsea the night before..
Then again I don't subscribe to the sports tier for my cable and somehow Channel 5 was too inadequately poor to finance any Champions League action, let alone a live telecast of the match...
In the end, my team was routed 3:0 at San Siro, and was eliminated in the worst fashion possible and if I actually was up to witness their lackluster performance I would be incensed...

Perhaps this rosy Friday evening would be a great opportunity to finally get down to work on my webpage..of course the Jump Ultimate Stars will be there to entice me as always...

Japanese word of the day: 激怒 (Rage) You would if you are beaten by artificial intelligence one too many time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home