ぼくの日記

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How I Get My Groove Back (At Work)

25th April 2007, Wednesday

Back to the usual hustle bustle...the constant jostling for space on the MRT, the wry attempt to wake up on time so that I could be in the office by the usual early hours though my missus cost me that on both days this week...
More importantly sharing that disgruntle and agony of work with respect to the amount of workload we had to cover yet the usual band of suspects had the luxury of loafing off at work...

I knew a whole line of work will be awaiting for my hands to grace upon, however the scenery at work generally remains the same as a fortnight before...
His Beautiness who was supposed to take over my platform only manage to conjure one measly plate by the end of it...it's fine 'cos it was due to the preparation time however he blatantly lied to KM, his comrade at another platform that he would require a timespan of 2 weeks to do a task barely requires 3 days, so that he could swindle his way for time to spend surfing the net and chatting with his gay friends online during work hours...once again he never fails to make my blood boil...

Fortunately Mr Shitty Green pants are back to the States not that his presence will really mean anything just a main focus of irritation...

Many were surprised that I got back to work almost instantaneously but my first attempt to familiarize with the protocols after a close month of absence (I haven't been doing this a few weeks before I left for reservist as well) was not without any problem as I missed out on a few detrimental steps which require repeating thus wasting precious time...
However deep within me, I had to fulfill excellent results as shown in my almost sparkling past records and to be able to show I am more than capable than His Beautiness in terms of lab work which is quite obviously so...
However in terms of acting skills which could match perhaps many famous award-winning actors in the world today, our local gay-"naughty little girl" was able to outdo himself with more swashbuckling performance in front of the superiors...another classic example was kissing up to the deputy director with regards to the visit of a princess of a neighboring country who comes on diplomatic visit...

Beside the usual routine work (which even our stoic colleague KM had ranted recently that he was bored with work), I had been eager to get back my lost stamina as I hit the gym after such lengthy absence...
It was also good to chat with the main man of the gym, Faruk whom I always have hearty chats with especially with my beloved Red Devils being 90 minutes into the Champions League final after a 3:2 reversal last evening against AC Milan and he hoped (like thousand of others) that his beloved Liverpool could usurp the mighty Chelsea to formulate a classic final of 2 ancient rivals...
It was quite obvious that I was losing breathe easily while working out on the treadmill or with the weights which requires a few more session to get me back into shape again..especially after all the oily food from Taiwan...

One attractive aspect about these coming weeks would be the revelation of how much performance bonus everyone is getting..
Since I have joined in June (2 months after the actual work year begins), mine should be pro-rated in accordance to the exact number of days I have contributed to the current company..that's how pragmatic the financial side is...
On the flip side, I am getting some bonus from my previous company as well for that 2 months prior I have joined my current workplace which I have collected the letter informing me of the exact amount and let's say if the bonus over here is as alluring as the one I got from my previous employer, I would be a very pleased man..and the autumn Japan trip well secured financially...woohoo!

Japanese word of the day: 毎日の粉砕(daily grind) I am still more settled with my current work routine than grinding it out for the military

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home