ぼくの日記

Monday, April 02, 2007

It ain't an April Fool's Joke

2nd April 2007, Monday

Someone is suffering from a chronic bout of Monday blues and though I was close to take the credit, I believe BY has the rightful honour to say it's all hers...
A week away from work usually means work might pile skyhigh and e-mails came as avalanche by the following Monday you hit office..However those last minute ones from our francias supervisor and Mr Shitty-Green Pants can pretty suffocating in terms of content...
The first thing she saw me this morning, she was proclaiming how she was having nightmares and all jittery about coming to work today...Then reading the mails which she refused to access at home, just justify the fact that it is time to call it a day in this company and seek greener pastures (what's new...)
I know she is those kind who likes to bemoan about ordeals encountered at work and at times can be a wee bit irritating but this time I can really sympathise with her regarding the barrage of new tasks the bosses just fabricated overnight assuming we are unfailable robots who will cater to their every needs and meeting every unreasonable deadlines...

We had a rather lofty meeting with the bosses as they are at wits' ends with some results we derived from the concentration check of some newly acquired samples from our friendly Hong Kong collaboraters...That we didn't came out with a resolution and I was adamant it is down to the inferior samples, it was really up to the obstinate bosses to ponder about...
Then more new jobs were created and my final 2 days (disregarding the afternoon when I had to gallop back to my old unit of Tuas Naval Base for a pre exercise brief) at work before my ICT would be filled to the brim with work to be accomplish....

I had to hail a cab down to Tuas which could be cheaper if I actually know the correct route...
A series of speakers made a beeline for a rather long brief (quite oxymoronic if you ask me) to induce a horde of listless NS men to sleep...
Suddenly with so much shit to handle at work, the ICT comes in the most ideal time... though the idea of going to Changi on Thursday by 7.20am for IPPT seems nondescript...

Mom held her birthday in advance since her actual birthday is weeks away on Saturday and ever since we moved to the present apartment almost a decade back, we haven't had such a celebration for her with my maternal relatives filled the limited square feet my living room floor can hold and mahjong tables set up for those tiles fanatics...
I thought the din will get to me but I was pleasantly wrong though still I wasn't such a social animal when comes to my own relatives as before, hiding in my own den for most of the time...
I was glad that the young nephews and niece weren't too playful to contemplate with the idea ot tempering with my figurines...My cousin Diana's sons were dutifully introduce to the magic of Studio Ghibli anime movies by an uncle who is still very much a child within...

It was a raity not to hang out at La Tendo over the weekend but with the new NDS Lite. there seems to be a lack of mundane and restless moment at home...even overstaying at my in-laws seems ok...haahaa...I am such a paltry husband...
It's still very early to say it's every penny well spent but it sure meets my expectations for entertainment values..if only the battery could last a bit long..I will have no qualms...
Now I just hope I can smuggle it to keep me free from boredom for my ICT...

Lastly, this is my 2nd anniversary to my blog...though it hasn't been updating as frequently this year especially but still a great channel to vent some fustrations in life...

Japanese word of the day: 冗談~jyo-tan~(Joke) Some can make people cry rather than laugh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home