ぼくの日記

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Lonely Heart Club

26th March 2007, Monday

As the merciless rain pelting down this morning just as I was heading to work which is always dreadful on Monday and with my missus still recuperating from returning at the wee hours from KL, I wish I had the liberty to apply leave and join her in bed...
Eventually I got to work relative late but with the usual suspects, significantly BY on leave, I just disregard the 15 minutes I was later than usual...
For the entire day it was fixated in front of a nucleic acid gauging machine which can be a chore which BY had highlighted before meanwhile my French supervisor was scavenging high and low for some storage plate for some massive restructuring she might be cooped with for the entire weekend since we discussed about it late Friday afternoon...

As for yours truly, my mind was cooped with the thought with acquiring a Nintendo DS Lite and the allure of Super Robot Taisen W for the NDS was too great for me to endure..I had been eyeing on Nintendo portable gaming console for a while and this opening seems perfect with a mundane overseas ICT the ideal platform to keep it as a close company...Now the problem would be acessing my financial ability to get the entire package which will accumulate quite a fortune...

My mind was still very much left over the weekend when the missus is out of town and I aligned myself with my usual club for the lonely hearts...the La Tendo clique...
Actually it wasn't that miserable as it sounds but Karen was enquiring on when we started to be such a clique and constantly making movie dates...But recently a phenomenan swept the whole gang since our Japan trip and with Yu-kun's presence, Saturday night just gotta hang out together and this week after failed attempt to get tickets for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie, we replaced it with "Mr Bean's Holiday" and suddenly that section in their theater was deafened with echoes of uncontrollable laughters with myself, Karen, Miyano and Eng Kiong the main culprits who were simply mesmerized by Rowan Atkinson's bankable Mr Bean antics though I find it was a vehicle to sell the beautiful scenery of rural France and Cannes...

On Sunday, it was badminton at Clementi again but as expected I got that for the latter half when I peered through my drowsy eye to find out I was barely awake at 9am...can't fault me when I was too awake to sleep at 3am after the movie...
Kevin was here and it's been a while since the baby of the clique joined us and he followed the few of us to China Square Central to tour the otaku flea market when we jumped on the chance to book our table for our retailing...
April was out as the demand was too high for the main area on the 2nd floor where the usual platoon of figurine-hunting lads held their clandestine, leaving the unwanted chasm known as the basement...so come what May then...
Back to La Tendo where Vincent was holding the fort by himself for a while before his buddy, Reedy came after a domestic birthday celebration...
We had fun just chatting about nothing with this customer known as Joseph who was the predominant one triggering my interest in Nintendo DS there and then...
Nevertheless a nice Sunday afternoon at the joint when we tend to forget Monday is when work begins again except for Karen who is on holiday now and will be going on a solo trip to Tokyo on April Fool day and that ain't a joke....

I wonder if I should see other friends more often (namely my Japan-loving clique or the Wrecking buddies) but with this group of close-knitted friends who share the same interest and passion, I believe lonely hearts is a matter of the past...and of course, a NDS Lite will boost time alone to a whole new level as well...
Japanese word of the day: 寂しい~sa-bi-shi-i~(Lonely) I might feel that if my wife insist I join her for her overseas seminar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home