ぼくの日記

Monday, October 22, 2007

Ich liebe Oktoberfest!

22nd October 2007, Monday

Last Friday we had a Oktoberfest cum Halloween party at work in which quite a large population of the staff heeded the calling of the recreational club for free beer, snack and German sausages to commemorate the Oktoberfest to a state that there was barely enough food to nibble on but for yours truly, the keg of Bavarian beer they bought was just a great way to end my working week...
While the movie they were showing in conjunction of Halloween which was round the corner, the very B-grade "Seance" got BY and the other colleagues having their time to be scared, I felt the cheap movie was wasting my time and since there was no more beer and sausages, I went back to work waiting for the time to knock off...

Once again not that I want to rave about my current workplace and belittle the previous one, but the evidence was so obvious you can't ignore it...

I thought that would be remotely the only supposed celebration I would have for Oktoberfest since I started to adopt a taste for it last birthday...
So on Saturday evening after our time at La Tendo, we dropped by Cold Storage as Fairprice surely wouldn't have German beer on sales and after a thorough consideration, my missus grabbed a Oktoberfest commemorative 4 Erdinger bottle set consisting of 2 Weißbräu & 2 Dunkel as well as 2 wheat glass for us to down the beer with...
My missus didn't held the alcohol for too long and was knocked out of consciousness before she knew it while I wonder if that $28 was well spent...
That's our Oktoberfest experience for you...

Over the weekend, I seemed to be plagued with some bodily ailments such as a sharp pain on my right knee-cap which still bewilders me how I contracted it since it was fine the evening before...
On the way to Toa Payoh HDB clubhouse for our weekly badminton session, my back seems to aggravate a sore which took its toll for the rest of the morning...
While Chan & myself managed to break a curse which carried through with us in which we would never win whenever we teamed up, he also whacked me hard on the rear of my racket-holding hand perhaps we both being over-zealous to win for the shuttle cork.. We had been whooped for the rest of the games after our victory to signify the start of another long term of curse...
However the most niggling body ailment I had been troubled with has to be a couple of long nasal hairs which seems impossible to be plucked out and now tickling my nostrils like crazy...
The missus felt it could be the poor air quality of our room that give rise to the long nasal hair and once again led to her selling me the though to purchase that bulky air purifier sold by her syndicate... No way in hell we are getting that...

Starting to rewatch "Akihabara@Deep" dorama series which I had missed somehow for a while now and that the recent DVD director's cut version out in the market surely helped quenched that desire of mine..much thanks to Chan of course who provided me the golden opportunity to grace this pro-Otaku madcap adventure in the first place...
This time round my missus was pretty captivated by the storyline and we managed to watch 4 episodes straight till pretty late into a Sunday evening before retiring to bed...
I couldn't spot the differences with this Director's cut version with the original TV version but it doesn't matters as the same characters still managed to win me over...
Ishida Ira's works (like "I.W.G.P") focused on some eccentric characterization and out-of-this-world storylines but surprisingly gives a clear reflection of problem faced by the Japan society as well as the various niches in it such as gangsterism in Ikebukuro and shut-in otaku & the akiba-kei culture.

The cast was relative unknowns but over the past year it seems like the @deep crew are now to watched out for...
- Page, the stammering leader of the gang was portrayed by Kazama Shunsuke who was for a long time still the leader of Johnny's Jr and supposedly making his mark in the acting scene rather than singing.. last seen him in a Johnny's New Year Countdown party...
- Box, the graphic designer who had a phobia to real women and obsessed with cleanliness was reprised by none other than Ikuta Toma who is now synonymy to Nakatsu from "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e"; sure has a future ahead of this lad...
- Taiko, the sound man and freeze when exposed to flash lights was played by Hoshino Gen was seen in "Tiger & Dragon" as one of the "Dons"...not as noticeable as Taiko of course
- Akira, the fighting maid is of course by the bosomy Kosaka Yuka, the red hot gravure idol which constantly seen with trading cards and pictorials, cementing her position in the hearts of the Akiba-kei...
- Izm, the wonderkid hacker is yet another pretty gravure idol, Matsushima Hatsune who's lovely face was hidden by that obscure hair and large shades...Not much medium to spot Hatsune-chan again after @Deep
- Daruma, the pig-headed cosplayer who had practised law for a while has comedian Himura Yuuki who is one half of the comedy duo, "Banana-man" was seen engaged in a sleazy bowling game show on late night TV listing when I was in Japan in Feb...still a hot fave among our group
- Nakagomi Takashi, the main antagonist and the director of Digital Capital is of course Kitamura Kazuki who is of course a method actor seen in several doramas reprising a myriad of roles such as the conniving top host Saiya in "Yaoh", the sleazy reporter in "14 Sai no Haha" & Maezono who is similar to Nakagomi in "Densha Otoko Deluxe"...a versatile actor which I shall see in more shows in the future...

Personally I held @Deep with higher regards to Densha Otoko as the latter seems too good to be true and Yamada is too whiny and teary for my liking while I have a think for Akira as the series gone by and was envious of those who got to hang around with her along the way, despite she possess a short tongue which hinder her articulation...
Think I will enjoy this wild adventure again before it last and then keep it safely in my archive vault to savor many times in the future....

Japanese word of the day: ビール ~bi-ru~(Beer) Will surely continue our beer drinking party in Japan...perhaps in Akihabara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home