ぼくの日記

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Marriage Life 1 Year on...

16th October 2007, Tuesday

Last year this day me and my new bride were basking in the sun of Koh Samui, Thailand...Till this day still fiind it a bit too costly for a beach resort so close to home...

Anyway the 300 odd days of us staying under the same roof together with my folks and sister had been a pretty smooth transition for my wife...The warmth of a family unit which she had yearned for before our marriage especially with his father's infidelity was fittingly been signed, sealed and delivered...
However living together also signals the "cramping of style" and the constraint of space at times... Not that she minds, 'cos she is not frequently at home...
The honeymoon period might has eluded us but we had grown to to tolerate each other differences much more..
There are definitely petty tiffs and me being the unreasonable husband went all rabid about her always had to attend to her side-lines and neglecting me at times but I was doing likewise when she was at home and myself glued to the computer..

Over the past years, there had been more ups than downs and let's hope it persist; which fundamentally justify my decision of settling down when others may deemed rather premature...

I do wish she would be able to ditch her current employment status for sure...
Her crappy company has been a wedge within our relationship at times with them unbashfully calling her in the middle of the night or during outings to stifle our merry time together...
Her mood tends to be governed by her job at times and to resolve this, the best way is to remove the root by just quitting...
However our current financial status means that I am not capable to supporting the family with my measly pay package, so her income is crucial to sustain our lifestyle especially her own...
So ultimately in the next year, I am hoping she would reap the rewards of her endless devotion to the sideline and allow her to go full time in it...

As for kids...seriously neither of us are prepared to be parents as yet...though we aren't getting younger soon...
The prerequisite for having a child into our lives would be her quitting her job I supposed and financially we are able to support another mouth in the family...
Therefore our families who had been pretty anxious about having a toddler to brighten up their lives just have to wait a wee bit longer...

Finally I feel I sure wouldn't be a nominee let alone winning the "Husband of the Year" award anytime soon...
While friends surrounding us seem to project a "wonderful husband" persona, somehow yours truly just fails to live up to the bill...
I have always been a very self-centered person, selfish if you have to be crass...so it takes a long shot for me to actually put someone else at a higher priority than myself which I need to correct if we are going to have children eventually...perhaps by a natural hormonal trigger I would change my mindset once I become a father...
I haven't been too sensitive to my wife's cause...she needs support for her sidelines and at time a lending ear, I had been accommodating and tried to lend her as much faith as I could but still fell short I think...
To amplify the situation I am remotely a romantic soul, and almost losing my self-belief to be an abled driver, thus she had to drive herself though I am sure all wives wanted their husbands to be their 24-7 chauffeur...
Which is why I really have to buck up to be half a husband she had anticipated when she said yes to my lackluster proposal 2 years ago...

I had been an avid reader of the horoscope column in MyPaper, the freely-distributed Chinese papers from SPH...
Although I have always been skeptical about how true the forecast is, but it's better to not take any chances...as they said "宁可信其友,不可信其无"...
Since His Beautiness share my same zodiac signs (unfortunately...) I always found it very true to his cause rather than myself...
However yesterday's column stated that the mid of this month signals a turn of luck for Scorpio, so have to take any unfortunate series of events with a pinch of salt and not lament over it...
This surely didn't spells well with the trip so near and I had been in full anticipation of it...
My regular work doesn't seems too smoothly yesterday and I dropped my Motorola Razr V3i, and perhaps now couldn't send out any SMS...I've still yet to prove that
However back at home, had a unsavory squabble with the princess of the household again as once again she bluntly hits bullseye on my Achilles tendon...
It was over such trivial matter like some body shampoo... I had accidentally took out her refill pack from the same spot Dad would keep it...before she started proclaiming me to keep my hands off since I had not "put in any contribution in this household stuff"
It is true alright that I still leech my folks over body shampoo and what not, but that was just a sweeping statement I loathe to listen to, especially from my family...
It is the same usual "you should pay more since you earn so much more" shit I get frequently as well...
Seriously if I am earning 3 or 4 times my current pay, rest assured I would ensure my wife and old folks can lay off from working now....
Then again she seems to be oblivious about the monthly house loan payment for this flat as well as utilities bill (and internet bill)

Knowing her nature, she would be relentless about she being right that I am being rude or unreasonable (I just barely raised my voice in displeasure saying that I didn't know it was her to begin with), she wouldn't budge to quell the matters nor will I condescend to treat this matter as another of her usual theatrical pique...

To not jeopardize the trip, I think we shall resume this cold war till god knows when...
With our in-born volatile nature, there is always a risk of us falling out during the trip as well so I had warned my missus and perhaps her beau to be ready to be mediator anytime soon...

This morning just continued the trend to make my mood even more wretched...
It was already 10 past 7 when I barely became conscious enough after a late turn-in and scurried to wash up, not noticing the missus had extend the towel liner and my forehead wasn't too robust enough to go against stainless steel, thus my morning was welcomes by a painful jab which really piss me off...fortunately I had a gracious wife to keep me in check of my temperament which would really ruin my day or perhaps my week...

Anyway today's horoscope column stated "I shouldn't butt into my colleagues' personal lives, as it wouldn't do me any good''.. hmm I am wondering which colleague I have the audacity to butt into

Japanese word of the day: 占い(Fortune-telling) Maybe I will be ready to be a father when the horoscope column instruct me to be one

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home