ぼくの日記

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Romance ain't a Virtue of Mine

20th March 2007, Tuesday

Today marks my first anniversary of the solemnization ceremony to the love of my life...however I was only reminded by her whil half dazed, at the brink of slumber at 12 midnight on the bed...

The past year had seen us coming together as a unit of married couple, getting adjusted with each other's lifestyle though despite some minor harmless squabbles, we generally foresee us remain status quo till we grayed as the color of our hair...

All this time I knew deep in me, I will be more of a pragmatic lover than a romantic one...
My last trial of being remotely romantic ended in wreckage when I failed in my proposal plan on the open air Tokyo bus tour which fell back terribly on me...
I know every girl yearns for some romantic elements or little packages of surprises from their other halves, but from yours truly, that is as effective as null...

I might have to take a leaf out of my buddy's page when he recently treated his little princess with a supposedly-romantic White Day (14th March) dinner which completes with flowers and all... My buddy is in the creative field, thus he might naturally oozes ideas to spice up his love life...
Even chatting with Selina over MSN this morning, suddenly dawn on myself how muted I have became when come to adding some elements of surprise to my love life...She told me to go get some flowers to commemorate the occasion but I could only think about plucking some along the way home after my RT
Doesn't mean that marriage automatically spells death to all romanticism...

Perhaps it's laziness that got me where I am today...totally lack the interest and enthusiasm to conjure a plan to sweep my missus of her feet once awhile... I have too many things in my brain everyday...stuff to do..more it all surrounds myself, but I cannot deny the fact that I love myself more than anyone else sadly...
Perhaps my thought of using the money for something else, which usually on myself once again...

Nevertheless I will try to venture back to the scene once again but I doubt I will be up for nomination for the most romantic lover/husband category for a long long time to come...

Fortunately my other half understands my shortcoming and I did mentioned to her, spending time with her regardless watching Japanese dorama, going on a trip or even a simple MRT journey would be a romantic experience for me...so perhaps we would just contend with the latest episode of ”花より男子” as we coaxed ourselves to sleep this evening...
Anyway she would be off to one of her KL sideline seminar trip, so most probably I will spend it at my own expense though the La Tendo clique got events lined up to keep me occupied as usual...

Sent Yu-kun back last evening, though there wasn't any overly-sentimental departure, but we sure hope to see our young Japanese friend real soon...maybe in the summer Wonder Festival..oops I am thinking too much there...
There's this Miss Singapore Universe runner-up, Genecia who came to send him off as well as she was interested in that 黒酢 (black vinegar) his family is exporting...
She came late and was in time to see Yu-kun before he enter the departure hall and our Japanese friend should leave bewildered by the standard of our local beauty queen..heehee

Selina will be having her solemnization in May with her long-time beau, Kevin at the Singapore Arts Museum...After the turbulent past year (or should be 2005) when she was suffering from depression, it is finally green light for the pair to undergo their holy matrimony (since Selina is a Catholic)...

Oh yeah, I am at the brink of completing "Full Metal Panic!" after transferring all the remaining episodes onto my iPod and no wonder the series was so well-received by many over the years as the exciting ending draw to a close on board of Toy Box which perhaps is the best action sequence I have seen in an anime which is intriguing yet not too over the top...will be uploading The 2nd Raid once this is done...doubt the sequel will be as good

Japanese word of the day: Husband(夫)Am I a fitting one after a year in practise?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home