ぼくの日記

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ticking of Second Hand Deafening

19th December 2007, Wednesday

Remember the 1991 hit, "Spending my Time" from the Swedish Pop duo, Roxette?
It talks about how the day is long for someone who is away from their loved one...
For me today is particularly long as well as I yearned for my final full day at work to come to an abrupt end...as of this moment, I still have a good 6 hours or so to my emancipation...

As for now with almost everything done for this year, I just have to stare blankly at my monitor and listening to the deafening ticking of the second hand of my watch...
Reminds me of the very first scene we saw Nakamura Hiro from the first season of "Heroes", except he was using his power to push back a second while I am hoping I push the seconds to surge forward in an uncanny fashion...

I'll be coming back to work on the final day of 2007, so I have a good 11 days or so to just indulge in whatever I love...
Tomorrow will be painting the town red with the missus as promised to buy her something worthwhile with my 13th month in the account now...
Friday would be a busy day for me as I planned to do an overhaul of my treasured collections including cleaning them to rid of the dust and mildews from the past year or so and change the setting of my display cabinet...
I really doubt 1 day will be sufficed for that...
Saturday is game day to hang out with my buddies...and we decided to start it early and perhaps might end till we all couldn't take anymore whiplashing on the controllers...
Sunday begins with the return of badminton at Clementi and then a nice X'mas feast with my clan while watching Tim Allen & Jamie Lee Curtis in the mad-cap festive flick, "X'mas with the Kranks".
Monday would be partying with the gang...wonder who will be my lucky (or unlucky) gift buddy and how likely we can win the prize kitty...
Tuesday will be full recuperation at the comfort of home, perhaps watching some shows such as "Music Station Super Live 2007"
Then for the next 3 weekdays, try to do as much update for my webpage as possible...
The last weekend of 2007 have nothing planned as yet and perhaps a get-together on New Year Eve..
The entire itinerary sounds splendid to me....

Time now... 1.45pm...less than 3 and half hours to go...so 16200 deafening ticking sound to endure...

Can you smell the air of freedom?

Japanese word of the day: カチカチ音をたてること ~ka-cha-ka-cha-o-to-o-te-ru-ko-to~(Ticking) I am sure the ticking of seconds during my break will be almost inaudible as tiime flies pass with a blink of the eye..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home