ぼくの日記

Monday, January 05, 2009

2009...what will it bring?

5th January 2009, Monday

After a good fortnight of leisure time at the comfort of home, staying up playing Football Manager till the wee hours and slept till noon, it's back to waking up at 6 in the morning, 5 days week at work doing routine stuff, mad rushing for public transport and fought valiant among the dark force of Unruk Hai on the platform...hey that pays for my livelihood, so no qualms...just slowly need to get the groove back...

I knew I had problem falling back to sleep at 12 midnight so to have ample rest the next day, but I didn't anticipate a bout of insomnia which at this point as I am typing this, I'm amazed that my eye lids managed to be kept open.

2009 at work seemed to be very much like the latter quarter of 2008 with projects piling up and datelines to meet as my team trying to appease all the bosses and collaborators.
I still see Shitty Green but not for long as he would be residing in Boston for almost half of his time...It is still sketchy who will take over...But the prospect of anything good looks bleak (appraisal, bonus, promotion et al) but at this climate, I'm just glad to have my job and I'm willing to pledge my allegiance for a long term any day.
The annual dinner and dance will be round the corner as well; great time to interact with our direct colleagues...well surely not as fun without BY's persistant worries about who to sit and what not, but still mandatory to show my presence somehow.

Back to work also means back to working out which I really need as for the past 2 weeks of lack of boisterous physical activities, I'm starting to feel my age...Stepping on the threadmill today, my stamina had decimated to nothing, but I have faith I can build it up again.
IPT is just a week away to...just want to get done with it as well as another daunting trip to Kao Hsiung and I don't want to hear no more from the forces for the rest of the year.

Chinese New Year at the tail end of this month, when we bearly welcome the new year...while mood is not there once again but for the likes of our folks, we just had treat it seriously...
Perhaps another tour of the households of the La Tendo clique is something to look forward to...surely won't be a long weekend (from Saturday to Tuesday) to savor

The new year brings new footballing extravaganza..in the local flavor...
After the despondent loss to Vietnam in the AFF Suzki Cup semi finals, the Lions now have a daunting task to qualify for the Asian Cup with the mighty Iran as well as Jordan and Thailand awaiting to skewer us...but we will hold the believe we can conquor them all.
S League begins in early March, and things are buzzing at Hougang Stadium for our beloved Sengkang recently...sure positive vibes to keep us so excited...

Then there is the Japan trip which is very much conceptualized and waiting to be delivered...
We are hoping for an amazing free fall of yen rate for the next few weeks now...*crossing our fingers*

All in all, 2009 remains uncertain times...I'm not too optimistic neither do I have ground to be pessimistic...Just hope I would stay off any radar of unwanted and tacky affairs and lead my comfy life as I want to....

Japanese word of the day: 好まない(reluctant) Reluctance to come back to work reuslt in insomnia..sure is scary

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home