ぼくの日記

Monday, June 13, 2005

Just a Manic Monday...

13th June 2005, Monday

Taken from the cult hit from the 80s bubblegum pop group, the Bangles:

"~Just another Manic Monday,
Wish it was Sunday,
That's my Fun day,
My "I don't have to Run" day,
Just another Manic Monday~"

Coming to work with a lack of adequate rest, I was mentally prepared to settle some routine Monday stuff with our equipments while waiting for JxMMy to do all his own administrative duties...

However I came in, maddened by the fact that our server went bonkers again and tons of results could not be delivered properly back to their respective owners...
One of our equipments needed immediate parts exchange which is usually a chore of JxMMY, but seems like today I have to do it myself which I do have certain level of confidance...

I also have to do clean up for a tower-tall stack of plates from our German collaboraters (who else?) which keeps increasing the entire day through to a state I have to advice one of the lab assistants to halt their operations till I can clear the backlog...

Things got bad to worse when my part-changing process went awfully wrong and I had to ask for assistance from our faithful technician from the vendor while I used the wrong program on the white elephant robot, resulting in some overall results been spoiled, sure would leave a bad taste to whoever the samples were from as they had to repeat everything again...

I did enlist help from the girls but most of the show I had to do a solo run which can be very taxing, I even had my lunch very late and not much appetite left after the fatigue...

The situation in the afternoon is slightly better and I finally got everything under control but still work kept me preoccupied till knock off time...

As I duly doze off on the journey back, glad that the first day of a long week has ended, a manic Monday has ended...

Japanese word of the day: 月曜日~ge-tsu-you-bi~ (Monday) An extraordinary manic Monday indeed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home