ぼくの日記

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sprained ankle..OUCH

8th June 2005, Wednesday

Not the best of day so far for me...

Got a pleasant surprise with 2 of my long-auctioned item on yahoo got bidded, granting me so handy cash to survive the month by...
However the niggling thing about such auctions is the transaction details and in this case both buyer requested the postage and thus I have to make the necessary packaging which I always find it a hassle...
I'm no TV Champions king for gift wrapping; in fact my best style of wrapping is taking a piece of paper, wrapped the contents into a "candy" shape and just apply plenty of scotch tapes...But these days I'm more accustomed to do a presentable wrapping in a box (I have a plenty of small boxes from my toy collection) and used some mahjong paper (those white grain paper) to wrap around it, and even with my utmost dedication the parcel looks pretty crappy (so I was really bewildered when a past seller gave me a comment like this: "
item received and wrapped nicely.. really appreciate tt. thanks alot! good seller!")

In the past I don;t charge for my awful packaging but these days I try to pinch a few cents here and there with my over-used mahjong paper, some bubble-wrap I "kope" during our office shift, precious scotch tape (which usually doesn't sticks well) and my time and effort (which normally is not justified in my end result)

Next I have to update my bank book to check if the transaction that the seller claimed had gone through.. Normally everyone can check at the comfort of their home, using the internet but i lost the account/password/whatever, and thus had to trouble myself to queue at the "auto update" machine in the MRT station which is usually empty at around 7 but today bears a long queue (and on other days when I want to do my update, the machine would be down for maintainence anyway!)

So as I was running out of time, I decided to do so in the afternoon as I will be taking half day leave for the legal documentation sigining for the transfer of the leash of my flat under my name... If not I would go to the S.A.M (we call uncle SAM which is an automated machine you can pay your bills with as well as purchasing of postage labels)

It was a bit gloomy over my side but as the train proceeds northwards the slight drizzle worsens into torrential rain and it sure takes it toll on the electrical charged railway track, thus the entire journey was delayed now and then and culminating 10 minutes of delay for me

I had to take the same feeder bus as a Swiss-German researcher I nicknamed as "Pirate" (because of his long curly hair , unkemped goatee and golden ear rings); he always got on our back about not delivering his samples on time or did not give him the most desirable results he had prepared for (Once our supervisor actually wrote an email to his boss to complain about his hostile accusation of our service).. So yesterday I got mixed up his samples with some other person's; but luckily I managed to find the root of the mix-up and gave him back 2 of his actual results but he claimed that he got 3 missing samples to begin with...Since it's still way ahead of my office hours (hey I haven't reached our lab), I put of my most unprofessional front and just replied him with a wry smile, "maybe you should just redo that particular sample"...

Back on the work front , after all the devastation and despair, JxMMy returns to his "kingdom"... his own realm where he reigns,where the path he walked would be adored by millions (namely our supervisor); where he can pull 1001 gimmicks to irritate his co-workers and yet get away with it...
Our supervisor nearly welcomed him back with a red carpet reception and immediately filled him in all that has been going around the place... She also dropped hints to get us communicate of some of the updates I was supposed to fill him in...
But I had tasks on my hands and he just kept quiet (perhaps of his "introvertness" perhaps he is still very much grieving); and we stayed off each others' tracks as I tried to finish up everything before I go on my leave...
Was actually quite satisfied to compose a program on the $800K white elephant robots to help the girls with their project, yes the same one that caused the rift between our supervisor and them... and glad we managed to do so without the need of "advisory" from you-know-who (actually I just modified the program that JxMMy composed in the 1st place)..

After duly updating him the issues around our service (in a very professional level); & more "supporting" session with the girls who were having lunch, I decided to make a move home, an hour off my schedule... Little did I know as I vamoose my way down the path I had walked umpteen times, sometime blindfolded, I would lose my step off the narrow path and twisted my left ankle, causing it to be badly sprained... The entire ankle region got badly inflammed and I guess some tendons inside was at the end of my 90+ kg compression... While walking is fine, climbing stairs and hiking over certain uneven terrain would drive me in agony one would experience in the deepest, darkest chasm of hell... I guess I would be staggering my way around for the next couple of weeks or so....OUCH....
Japanese word of the day: 足首~a-shi-ku-bi~ (ankle) badly sprained


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home