ぼくの日記

Sunday, July 10, 2005

True Blue Otaku...

10th July 2005, Sunday

Came home at wee hours for the 2nd night straight..This time round hang around at Chan's place, for some otaku solace..more about that in a while...

Seriously I wonder how people spent their weekends...
There's a curious phenomenon I have noticed that how time flies when a normal weekend begins on Friday evening and in the blink of an eye, it's Monday morning again...
After my usual Friday evenings, my Saturday-Sundays would be half preoccupied with my toys collection/hunting since it was initiated back in 2003...
But now it would usually be on Saturdays when I would just pay a religious visit to my own mecca..the one and only "Fun Paradise"...& since my girl has to work on Saturdays... "pak-tor"ing is almost out of the question.
Sundays is my little "self-exclusive" time for me to indulge in little things that I like like toys-photography, playing games or watching animes (hey that's every frigging day as well, what..)
But in not time it's the start of the brand new work week again...

Seriously it's scary how the 1st half of 2005 has vamoosed under out eyes and yet it doesn't seemed so....

Yesterday, my girl left for Kuala Lumpur for a seminar cum exhibition for thr products she had been chastising me to purchase..
And because of my Friday late turn in, wasn't feeling too motivated to leave my room and even get out of the house...
However the allure of the 2nd half of "Shinsengumi" which was held by Tay-chan was too much to take as I was afraid to have to wait for the continuation if I managed to complete watching the episodes I have in hand today...
So I went in a jam-packed MRT train with your usual Saturday crowd as well as students attending the National Day rehearsal at the Padang...

Somehow I got the intuition that Tay-chan would had forgotten to bring and he did...sigh
Well Ferris and Chan did came and the main topic of the day was their forthcoming Hong Kong trip as Eng Kiong hussled them about the amount of HK$ they would be changing...
Meanwhile Vincent updated me on the Tokyo lodging part which he, as expected, has yet to fulfill his duty to reserve the hotel rooms...
With the increase of fuel tax and in unavailability of air tickets during that period due to "obon" (something like our "Qing Ming 清明" when descedants would pay their respects to their deceased ancestors), I'm just glad I managed to secure my air tickets much earlier without a price hike...

We decided to drop by Chan's place for him to help us rip copies of the earlier "Lost" episodes (well help alleviate the disappointment of no "Shinsengumi" a little").

Well his place is a typical otaku's sanctuary..with a small percentage of hs toy collection (perhaps his prized possessions) nicely displayed on a single shelf and much more of his collections been stacked up roof high..
There were ample movie and anime DVDs, friendly neighborhood PS2 games, magazines, mangas, novels scattering around the place...
And of course the main entertainment center... wires connecting PC, with TV, DVD player, PS 2, Hi Fi set etc...

Chan will be setting up a flea market stall at China Square today in collaboration with La Tendo, so he had packed some of his unwanted collections for sale ..but still our fervent collector who unlike my strict "gashapon" diet, has been acquiring 1/8 PVC figures, McFarlane's action figures, S.I.Cs, Gundam Fix, Saint Saiya Golden Cloth figurines etc, so he definitely has dire needs to clear some of his stocks...

Actually wanted to just dropby for an hour or so but spent the next 4 hours or so filddling to through interesting PS2 game "Lego Star Wars" which can be really entertaining and mind-boggling despite it was projected to be a fool's proof children's game...go try it for some fun with your friend especially if you love Lego blocks and Star Wars...

I had to sacrifice my dinner as my supper after reaching home by 12 plus and just stay awake till 3 for a full digestion, very unhealthy life style of the fat and clueless, I know

So for this humid Sunday which make people wanna laze at home, I think I'll just ponder on how fast the next weekend would come and before it would disappear again... and oh yes, some dyeing of hair to be carried out this fateful day as well...


Japanese word of the day: 時間~ji-kan~ (Time) flies past really fast every weekends...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home