ぼくの日記

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Clean Slate of Health

12th July 2005, Tuesday

Things are definitely getting rosy for my Japan trip with my hotel lodging in Tokoy been secured by Mr V himself but he always had listening problem and because I failed to double-confirm in the first place, he mistook that my check out date was on the 23rd when it was supposed to be on the 24th, luckily he mentioned it is very probable that he could extend another day for me...
Just glad I got that settled and at a much better pricing as quoted from the internet..yoohoo!

Last night marked the season finale of the fervently-followed "Desperate Housewives" (even though I'm pretty sure "Lost" pipped it as the most watched primetime Ch 5 series now), as we are revealed the deep dark secret of the late Mary Alice Young who really did kill an ex-drug addict under her care, Deidre who sold her son (who becomes Zach Young) to Mary Alice & Paul years back.
But when the latter came sober from her addictions and demanded to start afresh with her flesh and blood, in the fit of moment the Youngs murdered Deidre which kept many avid viewers to the edge with the progession of storyline..
Meanwhile Rex van de Kamp passed on with heart attack leaving Bree (my fave housewife) devastated and in grief...even then there was a cliffhanger at that point ...

Well all in all, I would really miss these fumbling troop of housewives to entertain my stale Monday evenings with their antics and skeletons in their closets..

Over on Ch 56 (E City), the TBS Japanese dorama, "Hotman 2" would be coming to an end by tonight as well and boy has it evolved into the Japanese version of "Party of 5" (without the irritant known as Scott Bailey and boobelicious Jennifer Love Hewitt of course)...

Man I'm such a TV buff (cum couch potatoe)....

Anyway I'm sure alot of Singaporeans would be indulged in all sorts of health supplements or ailments to keep their body healthy and function properly...
Vitamin pills, calcium or iron tablets, aloe vela juice, Omega III-contained powder or pills, Tongkat Ali (more of an aphrodisiac)..and even now fat reduction pills like Extrim & Xando and of course protein and peptides supplements for those into body building...
My girl who has been dabbling with her MLM thingie for a while and had been quite keen and receptive to try some of their health products such as fibre and vegetable supplements which I did really help her with her daily bowels movement..
She also chastitsed me to take Vitamin C pills especially with her recent purchase of a single bottle of 100 tablets, of nice motive of course, so as to build my immunity especially we are so close to our impending Japan trip...
I'm actually more concern about her frail health..but seems like her healthy lifestyle and cocktail of health supplements did wonders for her little by little...
Now I just got to remind myself to down 4 Vitamin C tablets each day...(so far could only remember 2 a day)...

Meanwhile my parents had been rhapsodic with their new-found hobby, of concocting our own fruits vinegar to be consumed daily for improving our digestive system and overall bodily functions as well...
We had been on strict daily diet of apple vinegar (with honey) for a while now; but with their recently-acquired knowledge about fruits fermentation, now you will see jars and jars of sliced apple innoculated with lemon and brown sugar for 2 full weeks of fermentation and instant vinegar for consumptions...
It wasn't all that bad tasting, in fact does taste a bit like fruit wine, but much milder and less intoxicating...
But things started to get over the top as she started to add dried longan flesh into her concoction, wonder how that would taste ....hmm...

On my way home, spotted the deputy director of our institute in charge of administration, more affectionately known to us as "Old Hag" alighting the MRT...proceeding back to the institute..I couldn't have mistaken..that horrendous fashion sense, that god-owed-her-10-million-bucks wretched prune face..even if she is vaporised into ashes I'm sure I could recognised that "toilet attendant auntie" persona of hers...
What baffled me is that she could be earning tens of thousands a month, she couldn't afford to take cab..come on afterall you are still a respectable vice head of a renowned research institute...
She just took frugalness to a whole new level...

Japanese word of the day: 丸薬 ~gan-ya-ku~(Pills) Everyone just gotta pop a few every other day for healthy living...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home