ぼくの日記

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Counting down the seconds

18th August 2005, Thursday

1 day to go to my Japan trip...

Yes it is down to my final full day at work, and I was pretty upbeat despite I suspect I might be suffering from a bout of mild coughing...In fact my lass herself was down with sore throat days back, and the flu bug is such affecting any available victim possible...

Last evening, my buddy dropped me a couple of call using the internet telephony software, Skype. Despite been very soft and filled with morse code liek sound on the background, we can actually engage in our silly conversations , a situation not be found months back when he was seeking in vain for a telephone over his residence that can make cheap overseas call...
He informed me he could actually asks for a day off to show me around Osaka, but preferably on Monday or Friday which totally clash with my schedule there as I would be arriving the Kansai city by 3 pm on 29th August, Monday and be leaving on Friday morning on 2nd September, so both days are out..
Of course we can still meet in the evenings when he knocks off from work, which I am still looking pretty forward to...

Talking about flu bug not too long back, after Bobby had recovered from his flu since last week, and myself still struggling with a phlegm filled oesophagus, BY was next to suffer the wrath of the viral attack when she contracted a running nose which leave her sneezing and sniffling the entire morning.

The talk of the town is the unchallenged President Nathan retained his office for the next 5 years after the non-existent of eligible nominee on the election day, yesterday.
So as expected I have to kiss the off-in-lieu which might be created if there was a polling day on 27th, Saturday itself....

Meanwhile a trio of music pirates had been nabbed for sharing and distributing MP3s via mIRC which had been well tracked by RIAS for their activities...
Well since the turn of the year the local authorities had been trying to stamp their authorities on piracy on copyrights on the internet such as music and movie...
So one way or the other, these 3 had it coming for themselves for continue sharing up to 200, 000 mp3 files in such precarious manner...now the whole nation will witness what punishment they are in for and for the rest of us, better stay off mp3s and movie files...

Back on the work front, the mysterious phenomenon with our purification kit re-surfaced and I clean up whole sale the inidividual essence of the process and manage to stem out the unsatisfactory results...
The 800k white elephant-robot as well as one of the machines also started to show frailties and started to reveal errors which I hope would not disrupt Bobby's solo run starting from tomorrow's afternoon, well at least the work load is significantly decreased today as compared to yesterday.

A much positive news is that I was awarded an official name in my regularly patronised toy forum, Katoots.
There had been a contest to guess the official date when the 100th member of the forum would reach their 1000th post. It began in June with everyon e guessing from July to somewhere in 2006 for that benchmark to be reached..
I just feel the middle of August would be right to see the remaining few members who are at the brink of reaching their 1000th post, and little did I realise I am lucky enough to hit the jackpot and
I manage to gain my official name in the forum as "Toot's Straw Hat Pirate", something I can only achieve previously if I hit 4000 posts myself but my lack of activity there seem to make that aim a long and tedious one to achieve...

On "Rock Star: INXS" last evening, the remaining 8 were to sing songs chosen for them by the band unlike the case in which they will choose themselves in earlier rounds

The entire performance was sandwiched by a couple of out of this world performance with Jordis' take of "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and Mig doing a nice, romantic tine of "Baby, I Love your Way" with his vocals and piano playing the highlight of last night's show...

Next in line would be Marty's morbid rendition of Britney Spears' "Baby, One More Time" which was a big surprise for Marty and audience worldwide when J.D. told him about his selected song to be performed, and it was as Dave Navarro mentioned "not just outside his box but outside his entire venue"...And boy he nailed it perfectly...so I think it would Christina Aguilera next week..heehee

So who would be the bottom 3 this week?
Early figures show Jessica, Deanna and Ty but I doubt the popular Ty would be there tonight, so my guess is Suzie to join her 2 female mates and one lady would go home tonight...
Japanese word of the day: 秒~byou~ (Seconds) It's a matter of seconds to my escapade ...yoohoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home