ぼくの日記

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Things are not looking Good...

16th August 2005, Tuesday

3 days to go to my Japan Trip

Wanted to talk about the dipping Japanese yen for this past week with Prime Minister's reform of the Postal Bank is definitely shaking up the market, resulting the yen to drop as low as S$1.48 for 100 JPY...which left me and my girlfriend in fit for we had exchange our yen months ago when the rate was pretty good as well at 1.543, thinking it might bonuce back to maybe 1.56 by this time...

However as I am typing this, people of Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture is licking their wounds after an off-shore earth quake of 7.2 Ritcher scale hit them full force at around 11.39 am Japan time.

Fortunuately the locality of the epicenter is not focus on land so the damage was kept low and the casualty is around 30+ people injured in Sendai...
However this news definitely doesn't go well with me as our trip is just days away and we would be travelling up to Iwate, which is nearby Miyagi..

In fact southern Iwate had an earthquake of 5.0 Ritcher of their own, so I would try to contact the Mori family to see if they are alright and how bad was the devastation..

I think Tay-chan would be stay in contact with Vincent and Miyano who are now somewhere in Kansai area for their "Obon" trip to check on their status as well

As reported all north-bound shinkansen (bullet trains) had been halted but resumed once it checked to be ok; as well as Narita and Haneda Airport...

Just hope everything would be ok, as it seems as of now; unlike when I first heard the news my heart dropped in down all the way to my stomach..
For some moment my anticipation nearly evaporated in front of my eyes...

Will keep peel to the status of the quake for now on....



Japanese word of the day: 地震 ~ji-shin~ (Earthquake) One of our worst fear comes true, luckily we are still here and insured for the trip.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home