ぼくの日記

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sore Jaws...

17th August 2005, Wednesday

2 days to go to my Japan trip...

Woke up from a pretty dubious dream in which I was to carry out matrimonial ceremony with my lass in this shabby little place my parents had indicated with great emphasis..However I completely lost direction sense in my realm and was mis-guided by passer-bys and eventually got there hours late and had to face that typical black face of my old man...as black as charcoal..

I was woken up by then with saliva dripping from the corner of my mouth (just want to point out I seldom do salivate in my sleep, just need to smell my pillows to justify my point!)

Called the Mori household to check on their status at Iwate after the earthquake yesterday and glad to know everyone's fine and not much damage was inficted, my confidence of my much-anticipated is been rejuvenated...

This very day at work is filled with many visitors who I have to hold much conversation or explaination with..

Firstly the pirate-lookalike, Swiss researcher Pascual came to deposit his samples and while asking how was his trip, I got to realise that his wife is a Japanese and he just came back from a nature trip at Northern Honshu and had plenty of reccomendations of places of stunning nature splendour...Normally I would not look eye to eye with his assertive style to get the work done, but when come to the topic of Japan, the blatant interest shared by both of us is well evident..

Then in the late morning, some guy from the main headquarters came down to better understand our web portal which people had been harping about. Been someone who had no good impression with the main share facilties I have been assigned with, I serve my enquirer with a note of impatience and wanted to just expedite the entire explaination process. But this guy who was pretty new to the company isn't such a snobbish high level pompus no good SOB, so had a good time explaining about everything in the end...

Before lunch Ron from the Teaching Lab came by for a chat..From his wretched experience with a unruly driver to his lost in interest in his former vibrant bittorrent activities to the office politics existing in our current workplace and when Bobby is back from lunch with the girls, we had some army talks which is a much rarity from someone like yours truly...

Finally in the afternoon, the director of the company which help tailored our web portal and server came with a Norwegian lady whom he said would be expanding their service over the the Scandanavian market so we have to show her how well the portal the company has created and in the process of rumbling every bit of information, my motor mouth got off the rythum, my throat got dry and ticklish that I kept coughing away and my tongue got twisted, and you can see I'm really trying to rush through...

All these talkings made my jaws well sore by the end of the day and it got worse when the workload increased ten fold as knock off time grew closer..With Bobby off to do a specific task, I still got million and one things to settle over our side, which was why I had to enlist the help of BY and YM to settle everything fast before we can do our daily knock off routine of "Go-Go-Go" also known as jay-walking...

Ok gotta go pack my luggage now...

Japanese word of the day: 話す ~ha-na-su~(Talking) Did a lot of that this very day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home