ぼくの日記

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Full Appraisal

14th August 2005, Sunday

5 days to go to my Japan trip...

Slept at 4 this morning and with only 6 full hours of sleep on this Sunday, I still feel pretty fresh...

As stated in my previous blog a Russian P.I. in our institute with a tendency of wearing the same shirt over and over again as well as boasting a nice American accent is pretty assertive to get us to come back on Saturday to help his staff processed a batch of samples with the fact that they are at the brink of publishing an important scientific paper which would propel their lab to new limelight...

I think he was in desperation and our supervisor who insisted not to bend the rule to accomodate one request which would have tongues wagging and resulted in more unwelcome requests from some other labs; eventually condescended and I who originally volunteered my service was the one assigned to come back on a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon to do what they wanted us to do...

I was pretty surprised to notice the hustle and bustle in my workplace even it is mid afternoon of Saturday which you can see in the scientific research line, there's no definitive office hours as if you required to, you just have to come back

I was able to do the task within a couple of hours as well as updating my webpage which had been well delayed for a couple of weeks or so...
Then I got an e-mail from my supervisor who wrote it just before she flies to San Francisco for the diplomatic visit with Se Ban, JxMMy etc.

In the email, she praised me on my recent positive working attitude regarding assimilating Bobby to our work and practises (of course she had no slight idea of my ploy)

This is coupled with the prompt, unrestrained way I had volunteered for the task on Saturday really bark up her alley...

This was all too good as with the undeterred favoritism towards JxMMy and the introduction to an equally stoic Bobby, I had been afraid my role in the lab would be displaced in no time especially with my close association with the girls, this email really inject a stench of confidence and enthusiaism to better myself and prove my value would be still valid in a slightly cramped up environment...

Of course at the end of the e-mail was a promised personal day off which at first I thought of use on coming Friday but feel it wasn't right to leave Bibby on the lerch to fend the storm alone as well as not informing my supervisor in the first place...so I guess would be better if I use it when I'm back

After my brief dropby at work, I made my way to La Tendo and was a quiet time there without the omni-present Vincent already in Japan and Chan and Ferris were visibly and vocally absent as well.

But things are building up about the upcoming Japan trip and one would wonder what kind of treasure we can unearth especially I found out that the highly-anticipated Tokyo Toy Festival would not be bundled together with Wonder Festival this time round...damn...'cos I was expecting to find some cheap, hard to find stuffs there as I did the year before...

Japanese word of the day: ほめる ~ho-me-ru~ (Praise) Always feel good to be praised by your superior.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home