ぼくの日記

Monday, August 15, 2005

No More Monkey-Head Mushrooms

15th August 2005, Monday

4 days to go to my Japan trip...

So it's down to the final few days of work before my flight of exhileration on Friday...

As I am typing this, I am thoroughly full and feeling kinda drowsy after the sumptous and over-the-top dining, more on that later...

This week also marks the profound absence of both JxMMy and my supervisor who should be on the long flight to San Francisco and somewhere in San Fransico respectively.
So I'm on my own to run the show and at the same time do a full force coaching of Bobby; with the appraisal over the weekend, I had extra stride in my footsteps.

I am letting Bobby doing most of the service as he is running show on his own for the 1st couple of days next week before JxMMy returns, so it's only fitting if he gets as much exposure while I am around as possible..
And the lad is learning the rope pretty fast, despite can be still a bit slow with some of the processes...

The girls had been buzzing about an ala carte buffet at Ling Zi Vegetarian restraunt for a while now and it was set on this very day to satisfy the long-suppressed hunger, literally

However I conjure a web of deceit this morning when I lied through my teeth that I had forgotten about the affair entirely and even brought lunch from home.
Since they need at least 4 persons to qualify for the buffet, the girls became flabbergasted, kept asking me to deal with my home-made "bento" and wondered if they should just call off the whole thing till I revealed my "treachery" which infuriate them...

Bobby was adamant not to join us, feeling that the long lunch expedition does not go down well with him...

So we left by 11 and took a direct bus down to Liat Tower in Orchard Road, with BY making her hunger known for umpteen times along the way...
Like the last time, we came to the retaurant slightly earlier than the usual operation time and the staff was briefed for a long while, with compound more misery to BY who was waiting desperately for the Tim Sum to be served...

And it finally came, we couldn't stop stuffing ourselves with the tasty vegetarian Tim Sums and we promptly followed up with the noodles and "Monkey-Head" mushrooms which we came solely for as well...

My lass joined us shortly after her work out session as her fitness center was located in Paragon, a stone throw away...and she had always been advocating for great tasting vegetarian food...

Somehow we felt amiss for the stark drop in quality as compared to the last time we had buffet lunch in Feburary, but still was good enough to fill our tummy...

But the girls got full with the 1st round of food and not well justified the price we had to pay for the buffet, so we decided to take a breather before adjourning to our next round and BY seems pretty interested for another serving of the sauteed Monkey-Head Mushrooms which she felt would go well with noodles as well.. She had been beckoning us to join the cause and YM kept insisting she would not touch some of the repeated orders...

I then went for some more Tim Sum with an exotic one known as "the 8-Treasure Sack", and eventually our table is filled with food again which at a point we are very sure we are close to 100% full...

So for the next half hour or so we kind of on a mission to coerce each other to stuff down the remaining food especially BY who had ordered each servings each of spring roll & carrot cake as well as noodles which was remotely interested by the rest of us...

You can virtually everyone's face turning green with been over-stuffing ourselves and the sight of the mushrooms (and even mere mention of it) makes me shudder and we are all bewildered on how a supposedly enjoyable lunch session had turned out to be a "over stuffing nightmare"...

After a trip to Kinokunya where I got some manga with my lass' members card, we bid her farewell and dragged our over-worked digestive system and a sleepy mood back to work...




Hericium Erinaceum, scientific name for the Monkey-Head Mushroom
Japanese word of the day: きのこ ~ki-no-ko~ (Mushroom) Had too much for lunch today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home