ぼくの日記

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Celebration in Solitude

25th December 2005, Sunday

MERRY X'MAS!!!

One of the holiday which sent many into exhilartion with non-stop boozing and partying since the eve, and last heard the party has already started on Friday evening itself, as hardcore party-goers had no qualms about tiring their bodies with 2 days of rest to rely on....

This year especially my presence had been well forgotten by former friends and acquintances alike who I had not bother single bit to contact for the entire year....so in retrospect, it is good that my handphone was not jammed by useless greeting message...

With my lass preoccupied with work for the entire weekend, the only mode of celebration for me is a nice, cozy X'mas dinner with my family over pizza & pasta later....

No better way to really spend this day which started with a really chilly morning which is most suitable to tag yourself in bed for an extra hour or so; is to rig up my webpage as I am in rampant mood to take more and more pictures and edit them for my collections which is always time consuming...
Of course the marathon I had been harping about...Beside "Yoshitsune" and "Shakugan no Shana" (which I had completed all the available episodes yesterday), I had other great shows to be contempt with such as an original animation video, "Itsudatte My Santa", a animated version of Akamatsu Ken's (of "Love Hina" fame) earlier work about a guy who hated X'mas eve which happened also to be his birthday but he never got a chance to celebrate with his parents who are volunteers to missions for needy countries, and his cause was not helped with a cheesy name, Santa(参太) to commemorate his birthday.
He encountered a supposedly Santa Claus' helper called Mai who wanted to enlighten his X'mas and began their mad-cap, absurd adventure together...your typical Akamatsu Ken's crap but can be entertaining if you wanna feel wretched on X'mas eve night as with plenty of "sabisu" in the show, you just feel even animated characters can get laid instead of you!

I am also looking forward to a 4 hour long Music Station Super Live special shown on Tv Asahi in Japan on Friday but the file size is really big and requires a total a century to get it downloaded...

I spent a bulk of my X'mas eve visiting my religious ground as all Christians and Catholics would to honour the day Christ is born... yes my sacred toy-hunting heaven..La Tendo...

The crowd was flowing in non-stop before dinner time for a last minute X'mas shopping which helped the guys reaped a mini fortune even without much new stocks arriving this week...

Chan came along after work and was up to his usual antics... and revealed his latest toy..a PSP which he got a cheap as a 2nd hand...
Nice gadget and at least the battery life is long enough for a portable gaming console for such genre (unlike the classic Sega Game Gear which sapped 6 AA size batteries in the matter of an hour)

He was moaning of me backing out the potluck party at Vicent's place today as I felt not justifiable to spend a good 2 hours to go back and fro his place at Jalan Membina with the notion of making it back early for the family dinner.
Karen is still away in Japan, Reedy would have to man the shop, Ferris made it clear he won't be going and Eng Kiong would only appear for a short while; so the sole survivor named Chan too was not too keen to make the trip down as well at the end of the day

But I could sense that tinge of loneliness in his voice the entire night as I accompanied him for dinner after LT was closed for business as he whined about he would be going home while people are just leaving home for their respective celebrations...
Hey man...I'm with you in this and to think positively, at least you have a nice PSP to watch your "Densha Otoko" with...heeheee
Japanese word of the day:寂しい~sa-bi-shi-i~ (Lonely) It depends on how you perceive this feeling as I always have my hobbies to accompany through every occasions!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home