ぼくの日記

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Stand Alone Complex

22nd December 2005, Thursday

Not no relation with the cult anime series, "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex", but I am like a stand alone tower, braving through storms from all directions for the entire as both JxMMy & Bobby are absent as scheduled.
The workload still remains as high if not higher especially with the long X'mas break around the corner a lot of people just wanna rush through their projects before taking a long break starting on Saturday all the way to the 3rd day of the new year which is a common practise, I know I would if I have enough leave to spare...

There is our project to handle and as usual comes in 3 waves beginning with the batch the evening before, one batch done before lunch and one nearing the end of the day.

I used to be able to handle all without a sweat but only that alone without other distractions; however with my gym session occupying much of the lunch time, Bobby comes in useful in the one after lunch but now with him absent as well, the load can be exasperating to handle.
This is exactly why I urged YM and the rest to give that a break for tomorrow especially I would be preoccupied with the party in the morning.


The staff of the German collaboraters would be going on festive break as well but their dictator-like supervisor, mainly based in Frankfurt (reminds me abit like Hitler) is constantly breathing down their necks to finish up whatever left so as they could be in for the race to publish their scientific papers before other people jump the gun...which is why they had been in regular fashion sending their plates up for processing which is much reduced than the hey days.
Despite theirs are basically just stack on to the machine to be processed but can be a deterrance when you are in rush of time...

Then there is the lab over at NUS who always made use of our service (where JxMMy's former concubine No. 1 used to hail from) would send a batch of samples via cab (which would be illegal come January with this new biological law sanctioned by the government with a really inspiring name.. "BATA"). They were supposed to come yesterday which had Bobby sacrificing his usual lunch hour to anticipate their arrival..But no..they chose today when I am at wit's end...
Fortunately I advised them to come in the morning and not interfere with my gym session...

Last but not least the influx of samples from the in-house users which is much more than ordinary....urgh...and their constant interruptions when I am trying to speed up my work...once again triggering my tendency to commit a bloody massacre like my JC days..and I really don't possess that "dead"-style of hospitality to every mother's son especially those hailing from PRC who is expectedly weak in their command of English and yet always try to deliver their thoughts in that language when I try to hint to them time and again that I can understand Chinese perfectly!!

Fortunately the "uncle" from SeBan lab knew of JxMMy's absence and did not send any of their project material for analysis and the gift collection is as good as a deadwood today...

I trembles at the thought of what tomorrow afternoon would be like especially I got a strong premonition that our supervisor would secure us from work early...


Well at the end of this storm at least I can look forward to a X'mas of good food (which I am sure will put my work out to waste) and marathon of "Yoshitsune" and a new anime series I had picked up, "Shakugan no Shana" which I would be satisfied; instead of endless company of people I only bother to meet during festive season and drown myself in booze and got knock out the entire holidays...


Japanese word of the day: 嵐~a-ra-shi~ (Storm) Let's hope it would die down for a relaxing day of party and anticipation tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home