ぼくの日記

Monday, April 17, 2006

Live from Milan

17th April 2006, Monday

It's Easter Monday, over here in Singapore it's work as usual as I loathe at the prospect of yet another 5 days week.
Over at Agrate, Milan, Northern Italy where my lass is based now, the locals are basking in the festive season which perhaps is even more important than X'mas for the predominant Catholic population.
She managed to call yesterday afternoon in the midst of her 6 hours transit in Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport which really puts my mind at peace, knowing that she is safe and sound.
This was followed by a heartwarming update from her lodging apartment via the e-mail stating that she was fine and taken aback by how big her apartment is as well as amazed by the magnificence of the San Siro stadium as well as smitten by the snow capped mountains of Alphines and had her taste buds triggering to savour that candy floss like clouds while transiting to Milan.

She gave me a call while I was having lunch just a while back at around 1 plus while it was only 7 in the morning as she just crept out of bed, suffering a slight bout of jet-laggedness.
She had planned to go down to the main city area of Milan despite the fact that the streets are basically deserted for this public holiday and now they might had problem getting a place for a bite.

It was great to hear her voice which amplified how much I miss her only 2 days after she has left...
Well hope her stint there would be truly enriching both career-wise as well as an eye-opener in terms of difference in cultures of the Europeans and the sights and sound around.
But most importantly, hope she is free from any mishaps and does not even contemplate to attempt any event that could be putting her at the brunt of danger...
Perhaps I worry too much..perhaps I should just starting counting the remaining 83 days before her return.

It was a Sunday which I thoroughly felt unproductive...
I didn't get almost all of the allocated collections onto the display cabinet, only the Square-Enix corner was done.
I didn't clean up my room as much as I should now that our toilets are properly done and the attention would be shifted to painting my room and perhaps starting to do some shifting of my parents' properties and pocessions over to their future room.
I just rot in front of the PC as well as kept my eyes glued to the sports channels on the cable TV network which once again came with the change of my box unit to the digital one..(might be an enticing strategy to make you addicted to some of the channels they had to offer and than removed it duly so that you would have no choice but to sign the other tiers)
The new digital features are quite pleasing to the eyes at first with enough information of the screening listing and information of the show that is showing but the box lacks one crucial feature which at least 3 people other than myself felt sorely miss.
The digital red glowing clock feature on the previous box set was an omnipresent tool for almost the entire household when they are in my room.
I constantly used that to keep track of time because it is accurate and visible at any angle of the room even in the dark.
Now it is gones, I really need to replace it with a real digital reading clock and situate it ideally on top of the box unit to suit our requirements once again.

Had a chat with my buddy over at Osaka via the MSN messenger as we walked down that memory lane (the now extinct road along Ang Mo Kio Ave 5) after knowing each other for majority of our lives.
He then ponders about whether he had fulfilled the role of a son or a brother during this long period that he has been away from the family.
Seriously even with the fact that I had been living with mine day in day out, I doubt I had fulfilled that role myself...
But surely it would be something to look forward as he would be flying back by early next month for his elder sister's solemnization ceremony and once more we can paint the town red or whatever color people would disguise themselves with to hide from our existence...like the ominous aura returns!!

Japanese word of the day: 独立した (Independent) Gotta grow accustomed to the absence of her and be independent enough to scratch my own back..literally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home