ぼくの日記

Friday, April 21, 2006

No Wonder Friday is known as "Golden Day" in Japanese...

21st April 2006, Friday

With exception of the typical lack of quality sleep over the course of the week which see me dozing on the train from the start of the journey and barely keeping myself awake to alight at the destination station, I have bounce under my feet for the first time in a long while.

It's Friday and in matter of hours, I can rest and relax for at least 48 hours which most probably would be occupied by some cleaning up and more time on the internet.
Mom informed me that Dad has intended to take some time off from work tomorrow to start painting the bedrooms so that the furnishing (Brokeback Mountain) contractor could proceed with their next phase of the project. Therefore we could be bracing for more tantrums thrown by my old man which is his forte when come to work at home.

At work, felt more focused to get everything done in time, greeted colleagues morning (which usually I would not be the one initiating) and even felt comfortable to start a conversation with a jack@$$ known as JxMMy...certainly a total contrast to my true self...

Got a SMS from my lass just as I was stepping into my house from work enquiriing which Italian Football club (she used the collective term "group" which shows that she knows nuts about professional sports) I like most. Seriously over the years it has to be AC Milan and the red & black striped jersey looks the best among the rest (though Roma, Fiorentina and perhaps Lecce looks good as well) since I got a feeling she wants to get me one while taking time off from work yesterday to go down to the local police station to extend her stay permit...
Seriously have thought of telling her to save the money unless she would be heading down to Spain and into Catalonia capital of Barcelona to get the one jersey I really would like to have and customised it with the number 16 on the back and the name "van de Heinz" to fulfill that lame FM dream of mine....

Got the groove back last evening to bask in the photo-taking of my figurine collection for new reviews on my webpage.
Haven't had that kind of luxury since the house is under renovation as well as just lack that urge to proceed with it during the sparsely spread free time over the past month.
I know nuts about photography and amateur in that field, but my main aim is to take sharp pictures to justify the time spent on the photo-shoot.
Perhaps I should invest on a better camera than my 2 years old Canon ixus 400 which serves me impeccably over the years as well as some good lighting..then again even with the best equipments around, my photography still need ample improvements...

After lamenting on wasting quality time on weekday nights (though many would argued to just rest for the next day) a couple of days back, I felt last night was certainly one to cherish in terms of things been done as I also managed to finish almost all the new anime episodes I had added recently which had been stacking up (which I also refer as the "Ferris syndrome" because he is famous for accomplishing that feat of stacking endless amount of anime and not watched them)
And the amazing thing is that I don't just skim through the show but truely concentrating on the storyline which can be so thin it is sleep-inducing at times....

Got an offer from Samsung 2 days back regarding the fact that our local free-to-air TV station would be putting the High Definition TV (HDTV) technology on trial and since I had got that LCD Tv recently the vendor had my records and check whether we would be interested to participate...
The HDTV techonlogy has been so overutilised in the States and Japan and only now making its presence felt locally and you will basically watch series like "Lost" and some Japanese dorama (as of those I had got online) in such high definition current standards cannot be compared.
I am quite keen but then the obstacle is a really long questionaire which put some of the examination papers I had taken in University to shame. I sort of felt well probed for participating in this trial and they might check on what I am doing online and unveiled some skeletons in the closet.
However I am still on to fill the questionaire so that I could send in the following day since the closing date was Sunday...
Before I could carry on, they would require a ID number which I supposed would be that of my TV set... great...except my TV is still housed in Best Denki Ngee Ann City....bummer

My recent handphone bill arrived which left me fuming on how come I was charged so much when my usage is not justified by the bill.
I don't know but everything just points to changing a new provider especially one that my company has been offered a corporate package which I heard would be as low as $14 a month!
I've been kind of wanting a new phone as well not that my current 4 year-old Samsung is not serving me well enough...
Thinking of passing it to my Mom since that free one I gave her 2 years back is now hanging on a thread in terms of lifespan...once again shows you that free stuff is not always good...

This afternoon had to bring a group of United World College students for a tour of our facilities.
This group looked really listless and I was bracing for a barrage of question of inquisitive overseas students. With the exception of a skeletal Caucasian guy and a stocky Chinese girl (looks Singaporean to me) who seems a bit more enthusiastic to hurl questions, the rest seemed very subdued and mooted, some were eveb yawning and a Vietnamese looking chap got that classic "blank" expression all the time as if he was psyched out from reality.
Perhaps it was good that the group is least bit interested if not I would be dumbfounded after a while.

Got a call from BY while briefing them as she hushed me to send her boss my CV and cover letter as soon as I can as the job opening we had talked about is finally been released and some prospective employees had went for interview.
I was quite caught back by this as I had done up my CV, least say the cover letter.
I'm rather vexed at this moment whether I should go all out for this new job opportunity as the same "safe zone" effect I am experiencing with my current job plus the company is putting some effort to make me stay...or at least what I preceive from the current performance bonus and pay restructure.
Well I would still send my application in with a "bo heng suay (gambling)" paradigm to see whether a new job could see more pay coming in each month which is the top priority for the last 27 years of my life anyway....
Japanese word of the day: 賭け(Gamble) Have to take a gamble with your life at times...but not in the "Unbeatables (双天至尊)" kind of way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home