ぼくの日記

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just say the words... I Miss You...

9th May 2006, Tuesday

My lass called after dinner last evening as we caught up on our activities over the past weekend as she was really glad I had asked her colleague to pass her that magazine.
Got the news from her that her old man has been discharged from the hospital which means I was warranted the "get off my back" tab from my mom to enquire about his well-being or visiting him if he is still in the hospital.
As we came to the end of yet another dour telephone conversation (which as you know I am not a big fan of, as I prefer talking face to face), she tried to put the idea of her actually missing me after weeks of not having me by her side in Japanese so as not to be eavesdropped & comprehended by her colleagues just beside her.
Seriously the sentiment is shared as I am sorely missing her presence lately as well, damn I can never go back to that old singlehood days when I am so used to be on my own....
Not forgetting this is perhaps the longest we had been apart from each other for 6 years now, so it would take some getting used to.
Well as mentioned before 60 more days to go before her return...

Fell asleep watching the latest instalment of Music Station (as usual) when I struggled vehemently to be awake enough to catch the performance by Orange Range with their new single for the year.
Perhaps it wasn't nice enough to captivate my attention as compared to the likes of "Hana" or "Onegai Senorita".
Overall the episode is not the most entertaining despite the likes of SMAP, Tackey & Tusbasa and the ever-alluring Itoh Yuna.
On the singles chart Ketsumeshi's "Tabiudo (not Tabibito as I had assumed)" ousted SMAP's "Dear Woman" for the No. 1 spot and I am really digging Ketsumeshi's tunes since their last album.
Then KAT-TUN's "Real Face" is starting to bug me with their longevity on the chart but it sure will not be as bad as DJ Ozma (everyone can blatantly see he's the lead vocals of Kishidan) with his "Age Age Every Knight", the Japanese rendition of that Alex To's stripping hit which itself is a rendition of a Korean dance hit.
In their "M Topic" session, they had a tribute of some J-Pop songs been renditioned by artists oversea with Jacky Cheung's rendition of Southern All Stars' "Manatsu no Kajitsu" taking the headline (anyway it was like 14 years overdue since Jacky first "copied" that over in Mandarin/ Cantonese).
But I am rather taken aback that Boyz II Mean actually did an English cover of Kobukuro's "Kokoni Shika Sakanai Hana (ここにしか咲かない花)"... seriously anyone who haven't heard of Kobukuro's songs, should really try 'cos they grew on you the more you listen to it.

All these late night up watching of shows really had a toll on me having the ability to get up for work without having my mother trying all means and ways to pull me out of bed...

Back at work, my supervisor is off to the States for her annual scientific confernce with SeBan for at 2 weeks which led me to reminiscence about a year back when she went for the same conference, I had been caught in my act.
How time flies and I was left unscathed for my deed but now I am on the brink of deserting this company who gave me another chance....well sorry dudes...

As we count down to the World Cup, English coach Sven Goran "I'm Leaving"sson had called up the wonderkid from Arsenal, Theo Walcott into his provisional 23 men squad when the 17 year old had barely started for the team in the Premiership...and snubbed the likes of more seasoned strikers like Defoe and Darren Bent
This mad gamble when he is void of a fit 1st choice strike force of Owen and Rooney is not exactly wise as he also mentioned he would bank on Peter Crouch for the goals... I think England can kiss the WC goodbye this year...
Meanwhile Shevchenko of Ukraine is fighting to be fit in time for the tournament and Ukraine sure need this talisman if they even want to make it to the knock-out phase.
Argentina called up a reserve in West Ham, Scaloni in the 1st 16 names for the squad with obvious names like Walter Samuel, Javier Maschereno, Javier Saviola, Pablo Aimar, Carlos Tevez, Javier Zanetti all not been inducted in yet.
Japanese phrase of the day: 私は行方不明である (I am missing you) Hope I got the right phrase as I could not remember missing someone in Japanese

1 Comments:

  • Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home