ぼくの日記

Monday, March 19, 2007

じゃあ また ユ君

19th March 2007, Monday

Today marks the final day of Yu-kun whirlwind 3 weeks visit of the sunny island..I guess he should be filled with gratitude with regards with the hospitality shown by the La Tendo clique especially his host in Eng Kiong and the one pulling strings at the back in Karen...
I might just be able to rush to the airport later on to send our young Japanese dansei off later in the evening...

The final weekend for him was spent with a live cafe bar session at Wala Wala on Friday evening which I didn't attend as I felt it would be rather dumb to go back home from work and travel back to Bouna Vista again...

Saturday morning and my wife drove us to Clementi Sports Hall for our weekly badminton dose...
She had the family car for the entire day and I must say it was a good opportunity for her to garner more confidence behind the wheel with more time clock on the road and myself the wretched, useless, pea-guts husband could just muster enough to navigate beside her as well as provide her with a wider scope of oncoming traffic...
A huge shipment on Friday evening meant that we had to hit the shop rather early after the workout...
Chan and Yu-kun followed me down to the main Kinokuniya outlet in Ngee Ann City under the rather humid weather which didn't went down too well for our Kagoshima-based friend...
The stroll down to Orchard was a good window for us to chit-chat for the first time he has arrived weeks back and it is quite unbelieveable that despite this being his 3rd trip to our miserable and mundane island, he is still eager for future trips down to the tropics...well then again the sentiment is shared myself at the opposite direction...

The farewell dinner was held at Miao Yi Vegetarian restaurant which hosted my birthday celebration last year and we were like hungry souls, ravaging every single dishes that came in order though by the desserts most of us could barely stuff it down our digestive system...
However the ringing of laughters were constantly exuded from our table throughout the session as Yu-kun tries to explain the actual meaning of White Day held on the 14th of March in Japan while Vincent bestowed the staff serving us with some funny nicknames...
The group photo was taken with my mouth gasped wide open...kind of inappropiate...

Sunday was spent resting at home though the notion of joining the likes of Chan & gang for "Music & Lyrics" was pretty tempting...

Despite only getting my pay on Friday, with all the credit card bill settlement and family contribution, I am down to a measly couple of hundreds to last me for the next month though half of April will be quite free from spending money when I proceed for my ICT...
Mom dropped a pretty well-recieved news that our government will be rewarding us with some monetary kitty with the prospect of the GST hike in July...though it was rumoured some had gotten their official letter with a supposedly named "Singapore Shares" of up to thousand of dollars (even His Beautiness is getting $1090), I have been confirming with various sources that the unfounded statement is actually true...However no such news was spreading on the internet which i regard to be the most reliable source for such unwarranted hearsay...even close friends & colleagues didn't get their notification, making the whole thing just pure fabrication or only meant for those few who weren't tempted to draw our their NSS years back and now reaping the rewards...
But even a few hundred dollars can come in very handy, with a Nintendo DS Lite in my wishlist for a while now...

The relentless cough is leaving me slowly though the phlegm is still present and true to past records, it takes a while to actually rid of it...
My RT ends this week, which means I gotta go book for IPT for June...

Finally on the work front, I was supposed to sit in front of my workstation to do the report but all the files in the server which holds the crux of my work became inaccessible since last Friday and I am left with exactly nothing to do...yikes...
I do not want to waste time off, surfing around like a certain Beautiness but situation forces me into this, and yes we have an IT helpdesk guy I now labeled as "incompetent" as after endless emails, he fails to solve my problems for me...
Japanese word of the day: もてなしの手厚い (Hospitable) If you are a foreigner and seeking for full hospitality, look for us from the La Tendo gang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home