ぼくの日記

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Unwavering and Relentless Phlegm

13tn March 2007, Tuesday

It all began a week back, when I was like choking by saliva while dozing off, triggering some uncontrollable coughing to clear my larynx...
The next day, I had a sore throat but isn't the worst kind I had experienced, so I kinda ignored it...little did I realized it worsen into a pretty bad cough with phlegm which as we knew is a relentless SOB of an illness..
If you have a fever and a running nose, that's fine...plenty of water and a hibernation should have your immune system to kick in and rid of it..
But such wet cough usually takes up to a week or so to totally cure oneself...and the need to refrain from consuming anything that will encourages the proliferation of more phlegm...

Well apparently the flu bug has hit the household with Sis down with a mild flu and then my missus feeling under the weather, thus taking a day away from work... Let's hope everyone including myself will be better in no time...

Went for the medical checkup, seriously more like a jab session at Changi Naval Base on Friday morning...
By the evening my fate was sealed as my deferment was rejected by the headquarters and was raring to go for my ICT by Easter comes...
My American boss didn't took the news well as my absence meant his precious yet precarious project will not be done in time though it left us bewildered what all the rush to complete it...
He muttered, "we should employ ladies the next time" after receiving the news..yah wait till their maternity leave kicks in, then you might as well hire a transversite, okama or a gay-boy (which apparently there's one around)

The weekend was pretty eventful despite the arid weather doesn't goes down too well for us....
Friday evening, we went bowling at the rustic-looking Super Bowl in Marina South when we had a hard time deciphering the Street Directory to get there from Bedok South (a direct access to the ECP and waa-laa)...
It was all gracious for Karen to treat us, but really more for Yu-kun to experience local bowling which I must say should be the same anywhere in the world...

Saturday, badminton was ok though I arrived pretty late but still earlier than Eng Kiong who was holding hostage to all the playing equipments...
RT at 4pm was gruelling and the "on-the-ball" PTI didn't help the situation....
"300" was a fabulous show, and my favorite since the LOTR trilogy...I call it a tasteful B-grade movie with the sex and violence...the ladies hated it, then again Karen induced some of the poor sould to catch that wretched Korean comedy with Rain in it...
However to poor Yu-kun, it could be pure fatigue or the failure to comprehend most of the storyline due to the language barrier, but he dozed off in both shows...
However it didn't put him down for a karaoke session at Diamond Dust after the movie which span a good 2 hours and an exorbitant bill...
With the likes of Miyano, Vincent and EK, karaoke is always enjoyable though Ferris looked very solemn and half asleep throughout the session when he decided to come despite the limited selection of songs he can't pick.. in the end he decided to be just an audience...

On Sunday, met up with my buddy and his lass whom I met for the very first time...
A sweet looking damsel with such small frame, it is no wonder she was a prime target to many of competitors to win her affection...
But to win the heart of my friend, she definitely should be more than meets the eyes...
Seemingly much younger looking than my wife despite the same age, but the way she talks also seems a bit less matured..but then first interaction counts for nothing...
She seems pretty straight and frank from her conversation which is why her beau mentioned that she wouldn't be a PR person anytime soon...
After the nice lunch at Fish & Co. in Novena Square, we went combing the new extension of the shopping mall though I doubt their existence in months time when the lack of crowd result in blatant poor business...
It feels strange to see my buddy who loves himself more than anyone else showering affection to someone of the opposite gender...He truly shows that he can be a affectionate and doting boyfriend, now let's hope the girl treasure it dearly....

Payday is like days to come, though after subtracting all the past bills and allowances, I am down to a few hundreds, I still in dire need of cash at the moment...
Japanese word of the day: 咳 (Cough) The worst form of illness I want to experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home