ぼくの日記

Friday, July 27, 2007

Another Untiimely Death

27th July 2007, Friday

A gloomy Friday marks the end of a wonderful legacy for my Canon Ixus 400...
I tried taking some figurine pictures last evening but could not get the usual visual in the preview screen...
At first I assume it might be some dust settling on the lens or something but the problem persisted...
I thought it might be the LCD screen but the viewing mode works perfectly well with some recently taken shots...
So the fault has to be with the lens or CCD with the latter the most feasible reason...

I bought this faithful gadget companion of mine since March 2004 and it somehow couldn't move beyond its fourth year and I'm unsure how much a replacement or repair will cost me
Since the digital camera technology moves at such uncanny speed, a camera with 4.0 megapixels and the bare minimal functions like my Ixus 400 might be scorned at these days...

However I certainly am sentimental over it and it had served me so well for years with my photography for my figurine collection even though my photography affluency is close to null..
I am so used to tweaking the various functions instantaneously while shooting a massive number of pictures at one go...

Below are some viable options I can adopt for my digital photography need for now:
  1. Bring my previous IXUS for a repair at the official Canon care center, the damage might be a few hundreds of dollars and get back the same technology from 2004...many people would think it is a foolish choice...
  2. My wife has a Nikon Coolpix while my sister has a relatively newer version of Canon IXUS at home which I could use at arm's reach... And since my photography typically confines to my workstation at home for my figurine pictures onto my webpage, it should be suffice.. But there will be occasions when neither be available, and by then in times of need, I might need to borrow's Dad low-brow and bulky counterpart which sends shivers down my spine at the thought of it.
  3. Wait for good lobang ot buy a new camera for exclusive usage, most probably conventions like IT show or something...
  4. Lookout for some really cool ones in my upcoming Japan trip for a brainchild of some Japanese IT whiz which will never be shipped for local retailing.
Despite the above-mentioned options to sooth that void left by my IXUS, my heart still aches with recollection of the good time I had with it and how badly it would be missed...
It's been a few lousy months for me with regards to my gadgets such as my PC and my headphones, and all these have barely been utilized for more than 2-3 years...
I got to reflect on how I have been roughing out my tools that they somehow cannot last as long as I would hope...I'm just not a delicate person when come to care for my personal possession...

Same could be said with relationship I guess...
The missus would be heading north for the weekend once again and for the past week, I had only seen her for minutes before retiring for bed and getting ready for work...
I sure hope our relationship will not mysteriously blow out into my face like what my Canon IXUS had out of the blue...

Japanese word of the day: 写真撮影(Photography)After so many years, my photograhpy ability is still way below amateurish, so I better don't waste a fortune on a good SLR...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home