ぼくの日記

Monday, May 16, 2005

My Top 5 Wants

16th May 2005, Monday

Manic Monday morning in which our island was well-soaked in rain and commuters were in adrenaline rush to get to work fast yet not get drenched under such circumstances... A day of solitude for me as JxMMy D took MC (yoohoo!! Perhaps a weekend of rampant and uncontrolled passion-inflicted injuries)... I'm running the entire show, for the service which is rather predicatable especially I need not tend to the Germans' project....BY is also on MC today thus the girls are especially quiet on their side....

Our local network went a bit haywire over the weekends and tons from e-mails from some Eastern European countries kept flooding our mail box and thus the IT squad went in depth to resolve the problem and for a long while we had to survive without internet today...

Anyway would like to cover on a very self-centered issue (hey, "self-centered scourge" is my middle name)... I had a tradition with my buddy in the past as we envision ourselves 5-10 years down the road; well it's been a good decade since the last time we "dawned" over his old place in A.M.K which holds most of my wonderful memories...reaching 27 by November I would like to make a list of what do I actually want in the next few years...

Of course:
I would want to go for Japan trip twice annually...
I would want a convertible Peugeot/Lexus coupe...
I would want a little gallery to pay tribute to my toys collection..
I would want a one-night-fling with either Celest Chong, Joanne Peh, Lynda Liow, Sarah Michelle Gellar or Hasegawa Kyoko...
I would want Singapore to have 2 seasons: spring & autumn...
I would want a flexible 4-days work week...
I would want 48 hours in a single day...
I would want..hey.. it's more like "unattainable wishes" here...

Ok Ok...on a more serious note...let's begin:

No. 1 "Want": Good health... As the saying goes, "Health is the essence of Wealth" and it is very true as disease and illness can drive a wealthy man into extreme poverty...
For myself, I don't dabble with cigarettes nor alcohol, my diet though is a bit too inclined to my fave fatty/ unhealthy food in which my mom played a part to keep that in check...
I lack the self discipline to go for regular workout (what workout!?!), which the SAF kept that in tab for me annually by enforcing the 2 months remedial trainings..
Well truly hope nothing would jeapardise my clean slate of health...

No. 2 "Want" Good health to my loved ones... seemingly self-less but since I am over-reliance to my loved ones, I would devastated if anything happened to them...

No. 3 "Want" Money... Hey it makes the world goes round, seriously to reach a certain level of happiness, "$" is very very crucial... I don;t expect any windfall befallen on me since I never gamble as I hate the feeling of losing..
Therefore I am required to work for my money... however my current job seems to be limited in income capacity..so I need to look in other avenues to earn some extra cash and I'm still in review of some other methods, we'll see

No. 4 "Want" A Family.. Yes I want to get married, period... as for becoming a father, hopefully before 30... I don't want to old and wrinkled when my children are just enlisting into Primary School... well subjected to changes because I'm not the only one making all the decision.. of course the way my parents (esp my mom) are exerting pressure on me sure is not to be easily trifled with...

No. 5 "Want" Happiness...A stress-free life with the basic necessities taken care of... Fulfilling at times but doesn't mean I need to embark on a world voyage, win a Nobel prize or make the world a better place for you and me (like MJ does in "Heal the World"...er...I think the only healing he did was to the children featured in the music video) Actually I'm very happy and contented with my current state, so I wouldn't mind going through the same motion for ever and ever, man I'm really narrow-minded, and void of any big ambition but for every successful person, you need a few common, "Heartland Joe" like myself....

Well if this blog can persist for 5 years, we shall see whether I manage to attain my "wants" 5 years from now...

Japanese word of the day: 欲しい ~ho-shi-i~ (want) I still want a one night fling with Celest Chong, please...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home