ぼくの日記

Friday, May 13, 2005

Unwilling....

13th May 2005, Friday

Friday the 13th and there are quite a few scattered over the time, nothing inauspicious befell on anyone, in fact some Friday the 13ths can be quite smooth sailing... much like today

Nothing too outstanding to be done to today, as the entire institute get ready for the major power shutdown tommorrow, however for a cruising day in which I just wanted to slack around till scurrying back home for one of my usual Friday night activities, however I was put into a few unwilling situations...

1) My colleague, LF requested (actually demanded) me to attend a meeting in the afternoon, as a repayment for her favor I owed her (what?!) as she had attended the fire drill meeting in for me on Tuesday when I was having MC.. It was right after lunch (drowsy zone) and a brief on sending and receiving infectious and other biological sensitive items abroad which our lab would never be involved with... Luckily, Old Hag who was hosting the brief makes it short and sweet for us...

2) I got to knock off early but had to meet this particular buyer from Yahoo auctions to earn a nice $10 at 5.30pm which did not really allow me to get home prompt enough.....

Well anyway with our collaboration with the German, it was a rarity to have a day to sit back and relax especially with our supervisor still on her overseas conference trip

Tomorrow as mentioned I need to dropby after the power shutdown to make sure the machines and equipments did not suffer any detrimental repurcussion... maybe a bit unwilling but for the half day off which I will be sorely in need of in coming months, I guess I have to be a willing party...

Japanese word of the day: いやいやながら~iya-iya-nagara~ (unwillingly) Sometime things just prop up to make me unwillingly to commit...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home