ぼくの日記

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sleep....waste of time?

15th May 2005, Sunday

wow can't believe it, with a blink of the eye, it's Sunday already... went back to office to reboot the system yesterday, then to La Tendo with another fruitless week, as Karen returns after 2 weeks of illness but not sight of Ferris and Chan while Tay chan has left for Hong Kong (*green with envy*)
I also met up with Bens*n, the colleague from the “笑裏藏刀" lab who has been done with his leg injury for the last few months, who frequents La Tendo even with his leg in cast.... once again more rantings of the institute and how conniving his frigging boss is which he agreed without a 2nd thought...

Today just like to talk about how much sleep I am getting these days

Seriously slept at 5 am this morning but still up and going by 10 am, because I don;t want to waste the day away... there are games to be played, anime to be watched, webpage to be made etc....
Plus in less than 24 hours it's back to work again...

My colleagues always tend to sleep their weekends away which is what many working class would do also, my Dad could even just drooped into slumber just be stationary idly for more than 10 seconds... But to me the limited hours in a day is insufficient for me to accomplish all the things I had on hand , then why would I want to waste it away on sleeping (despite it was believed that sleeping is a very efficient way of working out)...

During the weekdays I also really squeeze in the most 6 hours of sleep a day because if I turn in by 9 every evening on a work day, I felt my life is less fulfilling (while watching mindless Taiwanese variety shows while playing Football Manager is not exactly something to make your life flourish as well).... Eevn so I rarely take any power naps at work like the ladies in my lab, the most i would catch a wink on my MRT trip (almost any Tom, Dick, Harry, Muthu, Beng Seng, Mohammed would do so in the air conditioned carriages as well)

One thing I missed about the hectic mugging days was that i could really stay up late to watch all the Japanese doramas and could switch fully nocturnal in my biological make up at my prime... which is why I would try to stay awake on my weekend evenings to reminiscence those days... although Friday evenings my eyelid would really get immensely heavy as perhaps physically and mentally my system went on a full relax mode as my body would recognise the fact that no work the next day, and totally shut down despite I my attempt to use Masking tape or tooth pick to prise my my eyes opened to watch as many anime series on my PC...Once again i felt 24 hours a day is way too little... but time is like money there would be never enough....

Japanese word of the day: 睡眠 ~su-i-mi-n~ (slumber) falling into one now...zzzz..ZZZ


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home