ぼくの日記

Monday, September 26, 2005

My Dad, Richard Simmons

26th September 2005, Monday

No no...not implying that my dad has turned into a sissy health guru , but he did became very concious of his health lately especially after been diagnosed with extreme high blood pressure weeks ago while I was still in my Japan trip.


He's definitely not my dad...

The fear of a stroke actually hit him, resulting him becoming a liability for us was unthinkable for him, thus he really heeded the advice of the doctor and went on full fledge exercise regime including a walk/jog session on every evening, rain or shine...
He was repeating his new found hobby over and over again when my lass was having a chat with him when we celebrated his birthday in advance.
His discipline to becoming healthier definitely threw myself to shame...and recently I definitely feel not as fit as I should... but the self-discipline is really something I lack but with the new work year of Remedial training in the pipeline, I hope I could inculcate a more healthy lifestyle in the coming year as well as shedding a few kilos to make myself a wee bit more presentable if I was to get married next year..instead of a pock-marked uncle with huge hunch in front...

So it's yet another Monday at work and BY was infatuated with the guys from "Final Fantasy VII Advent Children" and kept chastising me for causing such a phenomenon but it was later soothen when I send her links to download nice wallpapers of Cloud & co.
Meanwhile Bobby for once said he dread coming to work...on Monday at least, who doesn't....

Been really into the idea of getting my own paid web hosting space so that the irritation of broken links from my current free domain could be resolved.
But it is really down to the point whether it is quiessential to me or is it just a luxury I could always do without. Despite the low cost of less than $10 a month, if I don't constantly update and no one actually visited my site, it would be a white elephant anyway.
However that didn't stop me from looking out for a good, reliable and most importantly budget webhost with local helpdesk just in case I really feel I want to get one.

*Note: from this point onwards Blogspot just snapped and kept asking me to re-enter my ID and password...and I lost what I had typed TWICE!!! BLASPHEMY

A latest piece of good news...from 8.40pm...my DVD writer finally managed to write its first piece of DVD..GMD!
I heeded CS' advice to change another media and bought a 16X speed Verbatim DVD-R and it work mircalously..sure lit up my day..and i buzzed CS to update on that good news and he even offered to purchase that stack of TDK DVD-Rs from me..such great soul

Anyway written a little write-out on my newest infatuation before the snapped blogspot...the Fuji TV summer dorama, "Densha Otoko 電車男"... it's about the love story between a loser otaku (oh yes couldn't get better than that) and an elegant OL from the Ginza area which resembled so much of his virtual fantasy, an aniated character known as Miina (designed by Gonzo)...

Itoh Atsuhi (
伊藤淳史) was great as the otaku lead while Itoh Misaki (伊東美咲) had became more of a refined wine as she exudes such charm that made her one of the most celebrated actress in Japan now with CMs non-stop for her to be in (she's even a fave of Hiroki, my Iwate's host now).. Not only she had managed to charm Atsuhi's character, Tsuyoshi but pretty much the entire otaku population in Japan right now...


Can't find a more loser face than this

The BBS which was the support of Tsuyoshi was a true indication of the only channel lonely people like otakus bang on for advice and in the show it definitely played a very important..

At the end of episode 2 where I left off, Tsuyoshi transformed himself to not reek of otaku-ness and braced enough courage to invite Misaki's character, Saori for dinner and I couln't wait to find out what would happen next....Believe me if you are into anime, and had a little otaku traits in you, this dorama has to be the bext thing that could happen ever....

Japanese word of the day: ヲタク~o-ta-ku~ (Otaku) It's a lifestyle one chose to live in, so please try to appreciate it and not despise it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home