ぼくの日記

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Whole New Arena

16th November 2005, Wednesday

After 2 weeks of hiatus from a combined effect of leave, ICT & public holidays, I am back to work this morning....

I was deadbeat when I got home laast evening after going to Liang Court's branch for Kinokuniya to pick up the magazines on behalf of Chan whose work schedule restricted his free time to roam about as much as he would like to. Immediately after shower, I fell into deep slumber the second I was embraced into the warmth of my bed amd woke up with a huge Afro, which is always the case when I sleep without waiting for the hair to properly dry itself...

On board of the train I was still very drowsy and the heat that the island had been experiencing for the past fornight is not helping the cause... Then I was exasperated by the fact that our feeder bus service was late by 2 rounds and many staff members like myself who had waited for 10 minutes or so couldn't wait to squeeze their way up the bus, in a pretty unruly fashion...

This unexpected delay in bus schedule made me a bit late for work but nonetheless still early by a yard than Bobby or JxMMy...
YM who is sporting a full black, reborn hair these days were rather glad to see me and so was our supervisor who was haste to update me on what had been going on in my absence. This is a good indication that my presence actually mean something to them.
We had a new female colleague as mentioned, the girl from Monash University. Her name was Tirana, or Triana, a pretty petit figure with very distinct oriental features. Didn't talk to her much so far but would be trying to scoop her story soon...

YM was blatantly complaining about the hell she had been esperiencing for the past week when her work load was not made any lighter with the help (or no-help) from Bobby & Lance.
The former was supposed to take over my role to help out with some stuff in the early morning but tends to forget to come over by the 3rd day and leaving YM on the lurch...
As for Lance, it seems like his slack attitude has slowly became a bane which YM could not tolerate. Perhaps he still requires that little bit of maturity since this is afterall his final year project and he got to render as much help to people who would reprocicate the help for his project report composition.
She was at the brink of insanity been helpless last Thursday and made use of her sore throat to just go on medical leave, way gutted by the responses she had been getting from our new staff.

I was supposed to have a recluse lunch session with just her and BY to share the woes this afternoon but she postponed to tomorrow as she is going to hand in her signed contract with the greener pastures during lunch. Her departure is imminent and I would be the only one left from the original group and perhaps an experience head among all these newer faces...sigh

What about JxMMy you might say? well he was quick to update me on some stuff as well which I was not wee bit interested to hear from his mouth and once again we could feel evidently there was no love lost between the both of us... I dunno he is perhaps the single reason why I wanna get out of here fast as well...

So the whole of today I was not too upbeat to the prospect of the negativity experienced in our workplace and my spirits just could not be lifted to do my usual stuff.. My misery was compounded when the secretary of the Old Hag summoned me for a meeting for the X'mas party organising committee tomorrow morning. I was bewildered as this was usually left to the newcomers to the company and I'm sure there was a plenty but later I got a niggling feeling that it could be the punishment for my "caught in the act" back in June.
Though this was way mild than retrenchment or even a letter of warning, it goes to show that the Hag downstairs can forgive but never forget...

There are some issues I needed to catch up as well especially from the shared facilities which had a safety meeting tomorrow as well and if it was earlier I could actually dodge from the X'mas thingie.
I also managed to finish the hefty annual appraisal which I looked upon as an ultra-important issue as it determines how heavy your forthcoming performance bonus would weigh.. I seriously pray to have the same reward as the past one.

Overall the day has been suffocating me of sorts with the changes that are bound to happen and I wonder what role would I play in the near future, if previous issues are always ready to return to haunt me....
Japanese word of the day: 帰る~ka-e-ru~(Return) not a chirpy one for me to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home