ぼくの日記

Friday, December 16, 2005

I'll Do It Anyway

15th December 2005, Friday

Yoohoo..reaching the end of the week and I have 3 full days of sabbatical as I will be on leave on following Monday to do some last minute (and I really mean last minute) X'mas shopping as well as paying the bridal boutique which my lass had paid for a visit to check out what they have in store and catch "King Kong" which was pronounced as the highest grossing box office takings on a Wednesday opening...

Today is filled with "I do it anyway"...

My left knee cap is aching badly since last evening and I had contemplated on skipping the gym session but I went anyway since I felt amiss not going...and the bespectacled female Maly instructor who was picking conversation about my wrestling T-shirt the other day kept catching up with me today and speaking in her usual Malay accent yet a notable effort in doing some Americanized slang into her sentences, which at times I couldn't make out what she is blabbering about...nonetheless I feel like I'm a multi-racial chick magnet (hey Abang Abang sini makan goreng pisang~~)

After some weights which could be the reason why I am gaining weight despite my daily sweat out in my jogging, I hit the threadmill... I felt with both my knee-caps in not so fantastic condition, a good 9kph with 0 inclination will do..But Triana came for her 2nd jog of the week and knowing how high a speed she could achieve, I felt my belittled ego signalling for some showsmanship, so I went with 9.5 kph anyway...

The 1st 10 minutes was like torture and the next 10 I felt numb, and my ill-disciplined body kept crying out to my mind to slow down to perhaps 9kph at the 25 minutes mark...
As I was gasping for air, miraculously I crossed the 25th minute and my mind won the battle to made me continue at the original speed till the 30th minute mark, and thoroughly burnt a good 500 joules (is that the correct unit anyway?) of calories...

Later this evening there would be a company X'mas buffet plus performance by some of the scholars and staff of the other institutes as well as a X'mas tree lighting up ceremony..sounds cool and really in synchronized with the festive mood..but I got a sudden yearn to hit La Tendo as they ahd some stocks yesterday and I felt I should do my shopping today than tomorrow which would proved inconvenient for me to lug the toys to dine with my friends...

I guess I'll go after the buffet anyway and skip the darn light-up ceremony which was scheduled for 7pm...

With my leave on my Monday I had to entrust Bobby to take over that exasperating collection of the gifts from the non-acad staff for the party which can be a hassle especially knowing how busy a Monday morning could be..sorry Bob I guess I owe you one...NOT!
Japanese word of the day:心 ~ko-ko-ro~(Mind) My mind is making me do a lot of things I would not have done in the past lately...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home