ぼくの日記

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Gains & Losses

11th December 2005, Sunday

It's scary to think that X'mas is just barely 2 weeks away and I think I still have much to do...wanted to do a X'mas collage with my toys collection for the festive season to decorate my webpage, however still stuck with all the raw materials...

Had an indifferent weekend with some happy gains and petty losses...

Saturday:
The morning was simply brightened by a parcel sent to me by my buddy over in Osaka. Actually it was a set of trading figurines based on an anime series within another anime series..it's complicated but I guess no one really care.. The purchase was done back in late October and the delivery was slightly overdued and despite knowing the contents, I felt it was an nice advanced X'mas present...

I also treated myself to an early X'mas splurge at La Tendo on Saturday, actually just happened that the stocks arrived are filled with items on my wishlist with budget allocated. There were a few impromptu buys which could really resulted in some loss in my bank accounts but knowing myself I would try to figure out ways to fill the holes created. But my gain with regareds to the haul was simply the sacred satisfaction of purchasing things I had yearned and a feeling I am said to be addicted on and binging for on a weekly basis.

Despite a transient period spent with my lass who knocked off at around 8pm and had to wake up at the wee hours of 5, was sweet as nectarine and we got to interact face to face instead of through wires which I do not hold high regards for. The theme last night was once again about the incoming wedding and the progress is that the ROM date is highly likely to be in March as my parents unanimously harped for.
Chatted with my buddy online and my lass made sure I conveyed her request to make sure he is back for our ceremony which as mentioned before that he might has a chance to miss if work arises. We also contacted Jing and Ed whom we felt should be good for "brother" and "sister" troop...
So last evening was a great gain of quality spent but the main loss has to be the defiency in sleep time as I had to force myself up by 6 to walk her to her company bus pick up point under the soggy weather, pretty romantic though...

Sunday:
Went to Siti's wedding ceremony in Choa Chu Kang as planned...
Loss in time to spent on doing my personal stuff, money on the gift, transport etc.
Gain in...food? The food was not up to standard seriously as I would expect much better for a Muslim wedding banquet, but perhaps I was fussy..
Gain in...company? Hmm... I had to snubbed that once more as it was good to see some of the people at work outside of office hours but even so we would whine about the situation at work that can drastically ruin all the good mood..got to see some ex-colleagues who had departed for greener pastures such as Has & Diane formerly of SeBan's lab...
Got home by 4 and had a big gain in terms of updating my webpage as I multi-task myself to watch all the anime series I had stored while taking snapshots of my toys collection to be posted online...

Bracing for a long week ahead once more....felt a loss of precious seconds over the truncated weekend...

Japanese word of the day:損失 ~son-shi-tsu~(Loss) My buddy's famous quote is all so true.. "You'll gain some ,but you'll lose alot"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home