ぼくの日記

Monday, December 12, 2005

Santa Claus is coming to town?

12th December 2005, Monday

Year after year I had been whining about the lack of X'mas mood as the retailers are banging on one of the few occasions when people would splurge on gifts for their loved ones, especially with the bonus is in the accounts...
Each I tried to get into the festive spirits and tried to concot some special get-togethers between friends which in most cases things left a "bad taste in the mouth" (READ: 2002)
But this year especially I am not getting in sync with the whole X'mas thing...
Perhaps my mind is focused to much on my forthcoming wedding and I may have other divertions...

But it could perhaps the lack of quality company to spend with...
My buddies whom I had spent the last X'mas (sorry not the Wham, give you my heart shit) engaging in a long night of PS2 playing are not preoccupied with their own stuff either overseas or spending Quality Time with their other halves.
My lass would be working the whole sale once again during the period so no romantic get-away...
The original get-together for my past and present colleagues didn't manage to struck into the right gear as I intended and I managed to put on the "emergency brake" just in time...
Karaoke at those Japanese lounge which you can indulge in the latest J-Pop tunes would be an absurd idea as we had that twice before and it simply cost us a bomb...
My family ain't no Christians thus no hoo-haa about any celebration (which brings to the point that hope that some of my staunch religiously-inclined evangelistic friends would not invite me to one of those shows about their religion)
Of course I would not wanna booze and party all night long (ooh yeah Lionel Ritchie) and waste my entire X'mas day away...

The humid weather returns to give you one of those tropical X'mas atmosphere again....

So basically I would just hide inside the comfort of my room and hopefully I will have enough episodes of the latest Taiga drama obssession of mine, "Yoshitsune"... and that should really save some money...

However some of the possibilities would be the acid-tongue gang from my workplace might dropby on the eve itself for a simple get-together.
Vincent also had invited his Kagoshima youth club gang over for a potluck party on X'mas itself and I got the invitation from Weixian but highly unlikely that I would attend as I doubt my La Tendo clique would be going as well as Karen who is leaving for Japan this coming Sunday would only returned on early boxing day...

I got a sudden surge of yearning to get gifts for people like my host family back in Iwate with beaming approval from my lass as well as a little something for my supervisor which I managed to get Bobby to chip it, so those two are on the list for X'mas shopping next Monday as well as X'mas cards, a pair of sports shorts for my work out session...

Talking about working out, I believe almost the entire lab hit the gym this afternoon with Bobby joining me, captivated by his weights as usual while YM went for that free classes as usual and even Triana came for a run on the threadmill and my god, despite her diminutive frame, she is packed with stamina, as she ran a total of 40 minutes at an average of 9.5 km/h, simply put me into utter shame...

Well the grouping for the World Cup Finals was out on Friday evening (German time)...
What an exciting Group C would be, labeled the "Group of Death" for 2006 at the expense of the team I support, the Netherlands.
Seriously Marco Van Basten's would need to work extra hard to milk anything out from the likes of Argentina, Serbia & Montenegro & Ivory Coast...
The former is of course the hot fave being the seed of the group while the Serbs with the likes of Stankovic, Kezman and Kovacevic cannot be taken lightly...
Ivory Coast has Didier Drogba of Chelsea, enough said....
Brazil, England, Spain, France & Germany got very good draws...
But Italy is facing a hard group on its own with the Czechs breathing down their necks...
So as badly as I want my Oranje to left their inaugural title, I believe it would be a tournament for Brazil to lose...
Japanese word of the day:パーティー~paa-teii~(party) So good not to be invited to any this X'mas, if not I would be in douldrums on how to reject those that I am not attending...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home