ぼくの日記

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Great HR

3rd May 2006, Wednesday

So the moment finally came for me to brace enough courage (not that daunting actually) and rehearse the lines in my head intermittently as I informed my supervisor of my imminent resignation.
That was after some time in the latrine, doing some "business" to release a bit of tension.
Seriously she acted like she took it with a pinch of salt and wasn't overly affected by the news.
Well then again with the exodus of manpower recently in our workplace and a turnover rate only comparable by the local S League clubs, she should have anticipate such a situation that I would leave for greener pastures.

In the end she sort of makes it easy for me to tender the resignation and with JxMMy and her new love-child Bobby, I am becoming an accessory that is not a necessity.

I had intended to send in the letter of resignation in the afternoon but was dismissed off that idea when I submitted all my documents at to the HR officer in my new workplace.
She was really nice and patient to explain a lot of differences on how the admin of the 2 institutes worked despite under the same parent company.
I was totally unprepared for the submission as I had not downloaded the application form to be filled prior for this meeting.
I have also forgotten documents like a copy of the recent payslip as well as passport size photograph, but once again this lady by the name of Wendy wasn't there to scrutinize my mindlessness.
She mentioned that the contract would only be delivered after she had get the deputy director of operation to sign and he is always busy.
At the meantime I would have to put my resignation letter on hold but she would inform her counterparts over here, meaning Old Hag might come hounding me to explain my resignation pretty soon.

All in all, a good load off the chest as I prepared for a final date working here....

Back on domestic front, went over my lass' place to collect her laptop as she had instructed.
Had a chat with her totally dejected mother who visibly is helpless when come to the whole infidelity-bankruptcy agony her spouse had brought to him.
She lamented on how he wasn't meant to do business in the first place as he lack that basic management gene in him to succeed.
And now he had left a trail of debts and adultery with a Taiwanese slut now impregnated with his sickening seed.
I really pity my mother-in-laws and sincerely hope her problem would be resolve soon and live a happier life with her sons and I assured her my wife & I would support her in all ways we could, even having my wife's CPF savings depleted for buying a new HDB flat as they are preparing to sell the current apartment to appease her father's financial needs.

Another errand to run for my lass last evening as she is desperately wanting to have more instant "Bak Ku Teh" powder for her gastronomical delight in Italy and informed me that a Korean colleague of hers would be flying to join her this coming weekend, perhaps I could pass to him.
It's a hassle but I just gotta do it...
Japanese word of the day: 胸~mu-ne~(Chest) Got a load of mine but with new one building to explain to the Old Hag

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home