ぼくの日記

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Day without a Watch on My Left Wrist

30th October 2007, Tuesday

The horoscope column stated that I should rest assured that what I had anticipated for the worse would not be actually true....have to chuck the paranoia aside...

Of course my mind was with the watch yesterday and today Mom offered to help me change the battery which would be the prime suspect for the digital interface to go AWOL, and let's hope with a new battery, the problem will be resolved and deemed the horoscope spot on for me...

I have 3 watches at my disposal and each has it's own specific function... The Edifice for going out usage and one for aesthetic reasons. It had usurped its predecessor the 25 Hour timepiece which was relegated to mere usage for work as the corrosive nature of the reagents I used at work as well as the sweat from gym will wear down the strap and face but it didn't matter much to me.
Finally I have this Casio G Shock which had gone through weal and woes with me since the army days and still functioning well despite the protective layer and strap took the toll of wear and tear.
I still used it for my RT/IPT sessions and of course ICT when a watch a crucial to tell me how long more the torture will last.

By mere coincidence, I had left all 3 watches under the care of Mom who helps me get the batteries replaced and so for the first time in a while, I actually left home without a watch strapped on my wrist...
It is not that timekeeping becomes an issue since 3 fundamental gadgets which I always lugged around with me tells the time, i.e. my mobile phone, NDS Lite & iPod; but somehow I am more accustomed to leering for time with the habitual twitch of my left arm...
In addition the loss of weight is also not something I am used to, perhaps I am such an insecure person which tells why I need to ornate myself with rings, bracelets and chokers in the past etc...

It also had some effect with my workflow as I found out that I had some waiting time in between steps and since I couldn't that the timer (which we deemed "dirty" from the lab environment), my watch is helps me to keep track of when I need to scurry back to the lab domain before it went way overtime...
For today the unreliable clock feature at the right corner of the taskbar of the Windows XP will fulfill this task...

Tomorrow will be back to normal and with my fingers crossed, I maybe donning a fully-functional Casio Edifice by then...

Japanese word of the day: 計時(Timekeeping) Perhaps I should use a sun-dial to keep time like our ancestors...surely wouldn't fail on me except I will need the sun at all time...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home